Hi guys. I was wondering if this is normal. When I take the battery out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3

Phone Loading

Advertisement

Hi guys. I was wondering if this is normal. When I take the battery out of my phone and put it back in the phone, it starts up right when I place the battery back in, then the light in the top left hand corner blinks red then goes to green and then this hourglass shows up on the screen and it takes about 1 minute to load. It seems to take forever. Also, is it normal for the phone to turn on as soon as I place the battery back in?? Because I've owned 2 other cell phones and when I place the battery in the phone it never turns on, I have to do it manually. Also, my Fido Service Provider brought this up to me, that it's not normal for it to start up right away. Does this happen to everyone else or is there something wrong with my Pearl??

Thanks,
    Rosalyn.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hi rozzy9,

that is normal and a normal function. BB's are just a bit different from the standard cell phone at startup.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    Hi rozzy9,

that is normal and a normal function. BB's are just a bit different from the standard cell phone at startup.
    Oh I see... ok thanks for your help. The dude at Fido obviously knows nothing about Blackberry's lol. He really worried me when he said it's not normal for the phone to start up as soon as I put the battery in.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yes Rosalyn, Just what SRl said it has to run the software and such so it takes a wee bit of time for it to go thru its process. the Fido guy is miss informed
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Yes Rosalyn, Just what SRl said it has to run the software and such so it takes a wee bit of time for it to go thru its process. the Fido guy is miss informed
    Ahh I see. Well that makes sense, since Blackberry's have tons of software and what not just like a computer. Thanks for your help!

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah that was 1 thing i was worried about my BB too
    KeVin 4 Sho~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    rozzy9,

Considering that Fido does not support Blackberry Devices, I wouldn't expect a Fido rep to have any iIdea what he was talking about when it comes to how a BlackBlackerry reacts to a battery pull, unless he had one on his hip.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    rozzy9,

Considering that Fido does not support Blackberry Devices, I wouldn't expect a Fido rep to have any iIdea what he was talking about when it comes to how a BlackBlackerry reacts to a battery pull, unless he had one on his hip.

Rcbjr.
    That's what I kinda figured... he was going on about how my Pearl is in such horrible condition when I showed him it. He was saying how it shouldn't be made in Mexico, the phone shouldn't start up when I place the battery back in it, and then he was trying to tell me it had "Liquid Damage". So then I checked the battery and phone indicators and there weren't any signs of red or anything. After all that he's like, you got scammed on Ebay "Return It". He worried me to death, because then I was thinking... I probably wouldn't be able to get a FULL refund. Then I came to this forum... and you guys answered all of those questions completely.