Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has this happened to anyone? I was talking to a friend, and just as we ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ashapps no está en línea Stack level 1

Phone just randomly shuts off?

Advertisement

Has this happened to anyone? I was talking to a friend, and just as we hung up, my screen turned black and shut off. I clicked the "hang up" button to turn it back on, but it was just odd that it just shut off randomly like that. Should I be worried or is this a regular thing or what? What could be the cause of this? Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    That is very odd. Did you push your face against the phone and accidentally hit one of the buttons? Why don't you try a battery pull and make some test calls and see if that fixes the problem?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ya, that's happened to me a few times. once when disconnecting it from the usb cable. it was for about 2 seconds, but boy did it make my heart skip a beat. this flip does a lot of wierd things.

<< going back to the curve soon.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Weird I was going to look up this issue but I saw it on Viigo first.I thought it was just me. It started happening while my BB was in my purse but this is a new thing for my phone. Maybe it is because of my OS upgrade because I noticed it after that.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BLISS1990 no está en línea Stack level 2
    that just happened to me, and after a o.s re-install and 2 wipehandhelds. tmo had to send me another phone. but the great thing is i called and complanied about the problem on a monday evening and had my replacement phone on tuesday, even though tmo said it would take 7 business days, and arrival time was for 1/8.. plus they gave me another battery.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I just saw this thread and this issue has turned up a few times lately and the end result has come down to a bad battery. Just thought I would throw that in.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine just did it now for the first time. It was sitting on the couch next to me and I pushed the side button to see the time. Nothing. Opened it and hit the power on button, nothing. A battery pull did the trick. Battery level is almost full, as it was before.

My Curve started to randomly shut off months ago, many times a night, sometimes during a call. A battery pull would turn it back on but the battery would be completely drained as a result. Tmo gave me a new battery and it fixed it. A couple of weeks later I picked it up from the dock to turn it on to make a call, and nothing. This time nothing worked, a battery pull didn't help, and the Tmo store tried another battery to no avail. They replaced the Curve, then I bought the Flip.

I upgraded to Rogers 174 when it was released (at least a month ago?) and haven't messed with anything since.
    Last edited by galavanter; 01-01-2009 at 09:34 AM.

80sjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2
    My partner had the same problem, it kept turning off by itself.
    And would take FOREVER to start up.
    We went to the Tmobile store and they replaced it.

You need to replace the phone, it'll keep doing it.

I have the BB Flip, but I've never had a problem.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Maybe I should hold off a little longer on upgrading now. Seems like the bugs weren't all ironed out yet.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Maybe I should hold off a little longer on upgrading now. Seems like the bugs weren't all ironed out yet.
    He never said he upgraded Erica. Random shut-offs can occur from any things. (ex; apps, bug, app clash, os)

ecarrillo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was having the same problem but it just went away when I updated the the os to the newest one, it had Tmobiles newest os when it started doing it

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the TMO latest OS, and it is a Tmobile Flip. It started happening to me recently. Actually, the first flipberry I got when it first came out just rebooted spontaneously, like all the time. But I was within my 14 days so I just went to the store and swapped it out. This one was fine for the first 5 months or so, and now is doing what Galavanter said and just randomly turning off. A battery pull always gets it back. I have held off calling TMO, because it only happened twice, but if it does it again, I'll get it swapped.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am having that problem with my pearl on a random basis as well. It usually happens after I put it in standby mode and in my purse but last time it did it while the Bluetooth had been on and then it "died" but the red light was blinking for messages or losing the BT connection. Weird!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

eleung321 no está en línea Stack level 3
    there could be a number of reasons for the autoshut off. i would reflash the phone with the latest tmo os 180 (if you want go with the 222 or 236) and then clear the entire phone to make it back to stock. then start all over. if it occurs again there is a defect or maybe your battery is loose.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well after I wrote my earlier post, I put the phone on standby in my purse(Bluetooth on)and when I took it out it acted like it shut off again as it wasn't responding to the mute button or any other button. In frustration I tried pushing the alt and power buttons simultaneously and it "woke up" and told me to push the mute button as it was on standby. Try this. I will see if it works again next time it shuts down.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast