Guys, I was just trying to install a new Verizon OS for my girlfriend's phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

timastyle no está en línea Stack level 2

Phone just bricked...

Advertisement

Guys, I was just trying to install a new Verizon OS for my girlfriend's phone and in the middle of it, it just bricked. The backup completed and during "erasing applications", it just froze and stopped the upgrade. I have the backup, but the phone won't turn on. The light on the phone just keeps doing a double blink constantly. I've tried a battery pull and reconnecting to desktop manager, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated ASAP.

Thanks!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try pulling the battery and then going to c/program files/common files/research in motion/ app loader and running the loader file from there. Once the loader starts reinstall the battery and see what happens. Post back if this doesn't do the trick.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe the battery is to low n it needs to b charged more
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    if it stopped mid install, you have an incomplete install and will need to prob hook it back up and see if DM will repair the install or wipe it using something like JL_cmdr and then reload the OS.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't think the battery will drain while on the pc connection. But it may be worth a shot. If that doesn't work you may want to try and wipe the device. When or if you get that done hook it up to DM and add app. It should pop up with a box that says USB and a box with the pin in it. And go from there.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If the battery was to low it wouldn't start the install in the first place. Also if it is connected to the USB on your PC it is still charging while updating. Like Cherri said, more than likely it was bumped or had a poor usb connection and reconnecting and starting over should fix it. If not the method I mentioned last night is usually the best fix. App loader is much more dependable than DM, IMO.

I've never really messed with that. Do you know if. Here is a backup/restore in there too. My DM doesn't let me backup my device. It gets stuck on random stuff during the process and each time I try it the same problems occur.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    I've never really messed with that. Do you know if. Here is a backup/restore in there too. My DM doesn't let me backup my device. It gets stuck on random stuff during the process and each time I try it the same problems occur.
    It does an automatic back up and restore when you install the OS but doesn't have any option just to back up and restore. What version of DM are you using?

I'm using 4.7

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your email is the problem on the backups... Next time you want to backup, delete all your emails and texts before and it won't have any problems... That's what I always have to do, or else its gives me an error box.
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Lat, I delete everything before I backup. I clear out my browser and my event log. It still hangs up on content cache and some other stuff.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Did you have a lower version of DM installed before you installed the 4.7? If so did you do a clean un-install of the older version before you installed the new one?

Well I thought I did. I'll try it again and get back in a few days