So tonight, for whatever reason, my phone screen showed a light blue spot on it...it's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StatFreak101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Phone issue, help!

Advertisement

So tonight, for whatever reason, my phone screen showed a light blue spot on it...it's not noticeable all the time but you can see it when the screen has some white color beyond it. The phone is still accessible and such but I want to know what happened and if I can fix it for cheap.

I'm trying to figure out what this is and what would have caused it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Sounds like a blown pixel.... is the phone still under warranty.... The last time I blew a pixel they tossed me a new phone over the counter.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Sounds like a blown pixel.... is the phone still under warranty.... The last time I blew a pixel they tossed me a new phone over the counter.
    How would it be under warranty? Is it automatically under warranty or would I have had to put it under warranty by filling out paper work and such?

I am with Alltel as a service provider by the way.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Blackberry provides a one year manufacturers warranty supported (generally) through your carrier. Most carriers will require you to have your original proof of purchase and for your device to have neither liquid or physical damage to honor this warranty. Some providers would consider unlocking or upgrading your OS to a non-authorized version (one that is not branded by the particular carrier in question) as a warranty voiding issue as well. The latter is easily remedied by "downgrading" your OS back to your carriers latest release.

Some retailers will offer an extended warranty; this is specifically provided by the retailer and is 100% at their discretion to add further stipulations to the warranty terms.

I hope this helps.

KriK

I went to my service provider yesterday and they told me it wasn't a big issue and that I shouldn't worry about it.

Well, that may be the case...but I most certainly do not want this to turn into a bigger issue that I end up getting screwed on with price, etc.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go back to alltel and tell them even if its not a big issue to them you paid for your device and since this isn't damage caused by you that you expect it to be replaced. Worst case with all is if you have insurance on your plan they may charge you 90 bucks for a claim. Just insist it isn't something you did and want it taken care of. Speak with a different rep if you can and be persistent about it. Alltel has always taken care of things like this when I have gone in.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~