Hi This is the first time I have used a Blackberry and I noticed when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mr67000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Phone interrupted by emails

Advertisement

Hi

This is the first time I have used a Blackberry and I noticed when I am talking on the phone that the connection is temporarily interrupted when emails arrive. Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way I can configure it so that it doesn't receive emails when I am phoning?

Thanks for any tips.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Phone interrupted by emails

Welcome to Pinstack!

When you say interrupted, do you mean that it drops the call on you? The other thing I am curious to know is what OS are you using. To find this out go to options> about. It will give you the os platform you are running.

Thanks for the welcome!

It doesn't drop the connection, but we can't hear each other for a short time.

OS is 4.2.0.64 (Platform 2.2.0.37)

For what it's worth, I am in France on the Orange network.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Ok, now let me asking something. When was the last time you did a cold reboot? What this is, is while the phone is on remove the battery and leave it out for 30 seconds. Replace the battery. This usually fixes all ailments of the BB. I got in the habit of doing it everyday. The other thing that you can try is updating the OS. I would rather you did the battery pull first though. Let me know what happens

Thanks. I did remove the battery a couple of times when I got it a few weeks ago but I'll try it again and get back to you (it might take a while - I really don't make that many calls, but when I do it's a pain to have a fragmentary conversation).

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mr67000, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Interesting...
    When I'm on a call, I don't get emails arriving. As soon as I end the call, they arrive. Am I missing a setting?
    TIA.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

Quote Originally Posted by sarbin
    Interesting...
    When I'm on a call, I don't get emails arriving. As soon as I end the call, they arrive. Am I missing a setting?
    TIA.
    My phone behaves like Sarbin's--which also has it's problems. I would prefer some sort of notice, or would at least like to be able to know by looking at the phone that an email has come while I was on the phone so that I don't miss an important email while talking. I assumed that the pearl just couldn't receive emails while the phone was in use.

That's how I would expect it to work. We'll see what happens now I have done a cold reboot. I can't imagine any email to be so important that I would have to interrupt a phone call. Mind you, I don't spend hours on the phone so they wouldn't have to wait too long for a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mr67000
    That's how I would expect it to work. We'll see what happens now I have done a cold reboot. I can't imagine any email to be so important that I would have to interrupt a phone call. Mind you, I don't spend hours on the phone so they wouldn't have to wait too long for a reply.
    I manage an IT support group, so there are lots of times an email could be more important than an active phone call. I got the Pearl so I could carry one less device around.

Being at the other end of the IT support chain I appreciate your responsiveness!

I am still transferring information from my Palm to the Pearl so I still have two things to carry around - OK in the winter when I have enought pockets but not all year round.

Quote Originally Posted by mr67000
    Being at the other end of the IT support chain I appreciate your responsiveness!
    Actually... I don't talk to clients anymore. I've got minions for that now. And sometimes, depending on the client, they're evil minions!

And depending on the minions, we can be VERY evil clients!

No kidding!