Once I realized that Cingular doesn't cover the Pearl, I went about trying to find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mashnost no está en línea Stack level 1

Question phone insurance?

Advertisement

Once I realized that Cingular doesn't cover the Pearl, I went about trying to find insurance. I've used Safeware before for my computer and now they offer smartphone/pda coverage...costs about $48 for a $400 policy. Anyone else know of another insurance policy like this...it does cover accidents,theft,power surges,acts of god, pretty much everything.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: phone insurance?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry aint usin none but I heard safeware is great.

Last edited by StaceyRVC; 04-25-2007 at 09:54 PM.

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~glad 2 hear, thank you for posting that.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by mashnost
    Once I realized that Cingular doesn't cover the Pearl, I went about trying to find insurance. I've used Safeware before for my computer and now they offer smartphone/pda coverage...costs about $48 for a $400 policy. Anyone else know of another insurance policy like this...it does cover accidents,theft,power surges,acts of god, pretty much everything.

wonder why Cingular does not cover the Pearl?
    Dymond Tink
    Mylee Pearl
    Hannah Curve

mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41

Where did you find out about the smartphone coverage? I was on their website this morning and couldn't find anything on it

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre
    They don't normally cover "new" or "hot" phones when they first come out, because of the tendency for these phones to have lots of "lost" and "stolen" claims that then wind up as "Brand New Factory Sealed" auctions on Ebay.

When I got my first Razr 2 years ago they did the same thing. Now you can get a Razr for almost nothing and get insurance before you walk out the door. The same thing will happen to the 8100s in another 6-12 months.

In the meantime, buy a good case and be careful!

chevyridinhi no está en línea Stack level 2

T-Mobile offers insurance, cing, never offers insurance on there new stuff. I remember the razr problems with insurance. You should switch to T-Mobile.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I also went on the Safeware site and didn't see any option for blackberry! How'd you find it?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    They don't normally cover "new" or "hot" phones when they first come out, because of the tendency for these phones to have lots of "lost" and "stolen" claims that then wind up as "Brand New Factory Sealed" auctions on Ebay.

When I got my first Razr 2 years ago they did the same thing. Now you can get a Razr for almost nothing and get insurance before you walk out the door. The same thing will happen to the 8100s in another 6-12 months.

In the meantime, buy a good case and be careful!
    The above is partially correct. They do not cover the hot and new phones until the price drops on them. They will not cover any PDA no matter how old it is. The sad thing is that they use the same insurance company as T-Mobile and Verizon which do provide insurance on their PDA's (at least T-Mobile does, haven't tried to add it to a Verizon account yet).

Zo

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre
    cuz they are greedy pigs, and $48 a month? a year?

mashnost no está en línea Stack level 1

The site really needs to be updated but if you click on quote, it will give you the option of "smartphohe". I had to call them recently to see if I could insure my Microsoft Zune and they did. I figure for $48 a year is a drop in the bucket if I drop my Pearl and have to dish out $400 for a new phone! I dropped my RAZR several times from a height of 7 feet and it took the fall, but I doubt my Pearl would survive so I'm covering myself! Some people don't bother with insurance but I would rather have that piece of mind.