Hey guys some chick pushed me into a pool with my phone. After that my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

deeZ2933 no está en línea Stack level 1

phone in water/ cant connect to network

Advertisement

Hey guys some chick pushed me into a pool with my phone. After that my phone didnt turn on till now ( 3 months later ). Everything in my phone seems to work except for the no service part. I went to networks to do it manually etc but no networks show up. i called cingular (at&t) about the problem they said the water dmg might be causing the problem. I dont understand how the phone itself is working perfectly fine but the service part doesnt. when i insert the sim card in another phone it works perfectly fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: phone in water/ cant connect to network

This is very common for a liquid damaged phone. I cant explain it since Im not in electron engineering, but trust me, since Im in a field where I see damaged phones daily, this is very common.

deeZ2933 no está en línea Stack level 1

is there a way to fix this?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

the only thing I can suggest is leaving the phone in a warm window or somewhere else like that for a couple of days so it can thoroughly dy out.

If it doesn't respond after that, it received too much damage. If that is the case, you'll have to replace it.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds like phone is done, somethings coroded inside the phone.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I would agree that the chlorine didn't do the phone any good. The salt-water in the Gulf of Mexico didn't do my old Nokia phone any good either so you should feel lucky that yours at least came back on. My died immediately and corroded within one day.

Good luck but I would say you'll be purchasing a new phone if you haven't already.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

aferstilo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24194CBA

my coworkers BB fell in sink full of water with bleach she took out battery out reall quick put it in the oven the next day not works like nothing happened in the other hand other day i dropped my ipod in martini and now it wont turn on even tho its completly dry suckz