my phone is 8 months old. it has gone haywire, and is doing things by ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

boycjo2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE5A5A

Phone doing things, making and ending calls by itself

Advertisement

my phone is 8 months old. it has gone haywire, and is doing things by itself.

looking at it right now, key pad unlocked, it opens up my messages, forwards them to people in my address book, makes phone calls, composes messages, saves a draft, on and on and on...

it has already posed security vulnerability issues, and it has forwarded confidential emails to my clients. It has also gotten me in trouble with my significant other.

i am getting a new replacement phone, but this is one of the most unique things i've encountered on a device. I don't even know the terms of this issue, to research it very well. so sorry if this is a re-post of an already known issue.

No water damage, great condition phone.. etc

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Phone doing things, making and ending calls by itself

Quote Originally Posted by boycjo2
    my phone is 8 months old. it has gone haywire, and is doing things by itself.

looking at it right now, key pad unlocked, it opens up my messages, forwards them to people in my address book, makes phone calls, composes messages, saves a draft, on and on and on...

it has already posed security vulnerability issues, and it has forwarded confidential emails to my clients. It has also gotten me in trouble with my significant other.

i am getting a new replacement phone, but this is one of the most unique things i've encountered on a device. I don't even know the terms of this issue, to research it very well. so sorry if this is a re-post of an already known issue.

No water damage, great condition phone.. etc
    sounds like the software on the phone is having an issue. I would say to reload the software from the PC but with the new phone on it's way wipe the handheld( after backing up of course) and call it a day.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my best guess is ghosts! :P lol

boycjo2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE5A5A

yes, i should have mentioned that - i reloaded the software yesterday - didn't help out. it just may be ghosts!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Is it possible your keyboard lock is turned off. Is this problem occurring while your BB is in or out of your holster?

I had my bluetooth in my pocket yesterday and accidently called the last person I dialed because the button was pressed twice.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Do you have any downloaded programs on your phone?

clarencerosario no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having the same problem. See the thread "Help with 8100: Buttons Not Working and/or Operating By Themselves" I haven't tried reloading the software yet (I use a Mac), but I see you've tried that.

Solidarity! Let me know (here or in the thread linked above) if anyone gets to the bottom of this.

jen86fur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20f7ac61

thats a bit creepy...

mtxguy83 no está en línea Stack level 2

This happened to me too, i installed the software again and nothing, i called tmo and they just sent me out a new phone.... it was kinda creepy.....