Hi guys. So im headed back to school on monday and i was wondering what's ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Phone & School

Advertisement

Hi guys. So im headed back to school on monday and i was wondering what's the best sound profile to use while at school so its not going off during class...and yes i want it to still be on *Serves as a clock in most rooms*...any suggestions?

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Phone & School

Depends on what you're going to use it for, I usually set my phone on vibrate in class but if I'm chatting during class (hehe) I put it on quiet that way it doesn't constantly shake as I receive new messages. I suggest turn it on quiet if you want it to be completely silent and on.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what about setting the profile to vibrate, that will cause all notifications to vibrate thus not disturbing class and getting you in trouble

PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Right right. I had a razr before Pearl and the vibe wasnt that loud..expect when it was on my keys hahah! thanks so Quite will be like the silent feature on razr right? *Everything *Calls messages w/e** is still recieved but no audio alerts?

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no quite you won't hear anything at all, it won't vibrate, there should be a vibrate option also under the profiles

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

also when walking into class hold down the # button to change to vibrate quickly, then hold down # again to go back to your original profile!! thats on the pearl dunno on other phones.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

greenhornet no está en línea Stack level 1

I use the vibrate function when I am in meetings; however, if you have it sitting on the table, etc. it will make a racket when it vibrates.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

The Pearl doesn't make a loud vibrate sound like the 8700g, so you should be good on vibrate unless you're taking a test and it is totally silent in the class, then I'd use quiet. I was in a meeting with my 8700g in the holster on vibrate and everyone could hear the sound.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NinjanickC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2903

i set up a custom profile set evrything pretty much off and let my messaging on vibrate and only one pulse for class, i get caught though because people are way interested in what a sexy smartphone i have!

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

All you have to do is go to profiles then scroll down to advanced and choose quiet and then customize what sounds you want your different things to make(text messages, calls, etc.).

PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Thanks guys.. After 3 days of succesfull pearling during class and no catches the silent and vibe modes are working well...

I also found it funny how two of my teachers asked to see my phone after hearing about it so they could play with it for a while *Calc and Spanish* haha