Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

long time lurker, first time poster just got my pearl last week. can't for the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

silverfstop no está en línea Stack level 2

Question phone alert question: vibrate + ring SIMULTANEOUSLY

Advertisement

long time lurker, first time poster

just got my pearl last week. can't for the life of me figure out how to make it ring *and* vibrate at the same time. having the option of vibrating a set number of times and then ring seems stupid, and is a major step backwards from my Treo, and the other 3-4 phones i had before that.

please tell me there is some simple step that i've missed!

tia!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: phone alert question: vibrate + ring SIMULTANEOUSLY

Tia, unfortunately, you can't set your BB to ring and vibrate at the same time (at least not yet). Glad to have you out of the shadows.

noxlip no está en línea Stack level 1

Bah nvm.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

There have been some other threads on here about this topic. Just search virate and ring in the search mox, you should find something on it. I remember looking at a few things on the topic. Its funny you say its a downgrade from your Treo, because most people like the BB better, but its personal preference i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Tia, unfortunately, you can't set your BB to ring and vibrate at the same time (at least not yet). Glad to have you out of the shadows.
    TIA = "thanks in advance"

but thanks anyhow.

you've implied with "not yet" that BB might update the firmware? or will i need to look for an aftermarket solution?

i'm beginning to understand why people have such a love / hate relationship with their BB's...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Silly me. Silver, I don't think there is an aftermarket solution to this. I said "not yet" because I think a lot of us are hopeful that this will be available in the furture for BB's.

oh geeze. combine this silly oversight on BB's behalf with a dozen other things that are annoying me and I might just return the damn thing.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

What other issues are you having Silver? Perhaps we can help.

1) phone alert issue - this is huge - i'm missing calls all the time

2) sms handling - i've figured out how to hide my outbound messages and i appreciate how it will make a chat-style log of current "conversations". i don't however like how it always displays *all* the sms's (read and unread) in the inbox. my BES isn't setup yet (IT is difficult to deal with around the holidays) and i'm also concerned that email will all be lopped into the same "inbox" - devoid of any organization. it you've ever used a palm-based treo you've experienced sms nirvana - i'd like something similar.

there are a few others i could list... but i need to get back to work at the moment...

thanks!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm not sure what can be done about the phone alert issue. Have you tried the other options (Tone, Vibrate, Vibrate then Tone)?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

As far as all of the mail going into one folder, each email address you set up on your unit will actually have its own folder where you can manage that addresses emails. The Messages folder is just the one folder that captures all email, SMS, etc. If you use the email folders it should make it easier for you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

About the Vib then Tone alert. I find this very useful as I don't have to change profiles ten times a day when going in and out of meetings. I just have to catch it before the Vibrations change to ringtones. If the ever do update the OS to allow simultaneous VIB and Ring, then they better include it as an option.

As to the "Folder" these are just different filters for the same Message list.

Read the Understanding BIS 2.x . . . link in my sig for more info on these Filters.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    "About the Vib then Tone alert. I find this very useful as I don't have to change profiles ten times a day when going in and out of meetings. "
    Rcbjr.
    i understand where you're coming from... but then again would you feel the same way if the mute button could be remapped to profile selection? that would reduce the number of menus needed to silence the phone and greatly increase user-friendlyness imho.

one other question (with even more to come) - is it possible to disable the "blinker" or to maybe dim it? the bright blue is a downright distraction / nuisance while driving at night.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Is the bright blue light blinking because there is a bluetooth device connected to your phone?

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

If so, then go to options>bluetooth>options and change "LED Connection Indicator" to off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast