I was just wondering why does everytime when i come out from lock, it blinks ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

Phantom Theme from mobile.blackberry.com

Advertisement

I was just wondering why does everytime when i come out from lock, it blinks red on the main screen of this theme?

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: Phantom Theme from mobile.blackberry.com

I found that it wasn't a notification flashing or anything but just the screen refreshing. When it does that it redraws the red underlayer briefly as well. It's nothing to be concerned about.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm sure if you searched through your settings long enough, you would find why it blinks red. The problem is; the Phantom theme sucks, and it would probably just be a waste of your time.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

heh, I realized that you might not not what the red layer was for. Sorry! There are several portions of the theme that gradually show the red underlayer when certain events happen. The main portion of the graphic will turn red when you have a new message or alert. The arms to the V gradually fade to red more and more depending on battery and signal strength.

This theme doesn't suck per say, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. It tends to run slower than others and lacks a lot of customization options. It defiintely looks cool though, and I loved the apps menu so much better than the Zen themes. My choice, today plus, with the menus of phantom. Oooh baby.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I should rephrase what I said about it sucking. I personally didn't like it for the same reasons you mention, noticeably slower and lack of customization options. I use Today Plus with the black blockscube wallpaper. I love it!

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah i noticed i got a new SMS text. after i read it and deleted it , it still comes out red after lock. very weird. now since i restarted my phone it doesnt do it any more.