Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know if the Phantom theme has an indicator for signal coverage ... GSM, edge, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mungbeast no está en línea Stack level 1

Phantom Theme

Advertisement

Anyone know if the Phantom theme has an indicator for signal coverage ... GSM, edge, etc?
    Love the look, but miss some of the homepage info from other themes.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Phantom Theme

Not sure, I have been hesitant to install it since people said that it slowed down the bb quite a bit

Albeevr6 no está en línea Stack level 1

it doesnt seem to slow down with the most recent software upgrade I got from t mobile

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello mungbeast, welcome to pinstack. Maybe Albeevr6 can answer your question about the signal coverage indicator...

Team Arli$$ no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    IMO the phantom theme blows. It slows down my BB like none other! I like the look but performance sux. Does anyone know how to speed up performance and how to choose home screen APPS?

Spartan no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm not a real big fan of the Phantom theme either, although I didn't notice any lag in my BB's performance. Does the lag only occur when your actually running the theme or once you install it on your phone?

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

It lags as it is running, not if you just have it installed. It used to be extremely slow in the past, but it's not THAT bad now. However it doesn't have the coverage indicator etc. and sometimes it's buggy and stays on a screen and you'd have to reset. Still a neat theme to show off...but you'll definately get tired of it quickly imo.

Spartan no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks

Willeford no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mungbeast
    Anyone know if the Phantom theme has an indicator for signal coverage ... GSM, edge, etc?
    Love the look, but miss some of the homepage info from other themes.

the theme has just the time and battery indicator. i havent noticed any lagging problems if that helps you.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

tjball no está en línea Stack level 1

It has been posted in many spots that clearing the logs solves the problem with the Phantom theme running slow. You clear the logs by hitting alt LGLG and then the pearl and then clear. The theme is quite a departure from the ordinary and not for everyone but it is great to see such incredible imagination. The type design is very cool and high tech looking (albeit small) which is an easy fix if you want it larger just go to fonts and increase the point size. I wish it had a way to display full screen wallpaper but I give huge bravos to the designer for doing something radical, new, functional and adventurous. It is really fun to explore the design as you get used to it you see the ways battery, signal strength and the other information is displayed.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

tjball no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the welcome CP! On the Phantom theme the apps are available by pressing menu and you can put them in any order you like. Signal indicator is a little lightning bolt on the left. Bluetooth on bottom, Battery on the right. You can also scroll major apps horizontally by pressing alt and the return (?) button (the one on the right next to the pearl.)

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Just a few comments:

1. With the .71 update from Cingular (the newest), the Phantom theme has no lag at all, at least in my experience.

2. It does have both battery and signal indicators on the home screen, but they are implimented differently. They are located on the bottom of each leg of the "Y" (for lack of a better term). As the battery and signal degrade, you'll notice red creeping up those sides.

eclipse30414 no está en línea Stack level 2

hey i realy have no idea but could u possibaly put a like to the theam....thxx cause i realy dont like ne of the 1's that came w/it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast