Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i just got my 8100 today and its doing the same thing(missed call icon).... BlackBerry Pearl forum

yanks731 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D54294

Advertisement

i just got my 8100 today and its doing the same thing(missed call icon).

NONCHALANT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0E0E
    Wow you guys really got major problems with the pearl,

Don't wipe the hand held to remove one icon please. It probably work but there goes your stored memory

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pearlguys12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: phantom icon

what is the solution. i cannot get rid of the message indicator as well. it shows 1 missed call.

dtekky no está en línea Stack level 1

I am still not 100% knowledgable on the icons for Phantom but I was having the issue of 2 messages (both txt msgs) that were deleted (and not saved) but still showing up on the home screen as unread messages. I rebooted, changed the theme away/back to Phantom, cleared my event log, and finally had to pop out the battery. In my case (after a long boot) this step worked and the messages went away.

For 2 days it was 1 message, then today it was a 2nd message. It was really pissing me off and I'm guessing that even though they are finally gone, more will progressively add up. Time will tell. Other than that, I dig the theme, the red "glow" of new messages, battery power/signal indicaters, less is more idea, and very fwd thinking design.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

dtekky, welcome to the stacks.
    thanks for the heads up I don't use the phantom theme but for those who do thanx!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Nivek2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I've tried everything with no success, anyone suggest anything else before calling for a replacement. Don't want to lose any information that already exist in my Pearl. Thanks for all the help so far.

Nivek2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok guys, just figured it out, don't know if im the last one or if anyone still has this problem but if sometime in the future a newbie encounters this software glitch heres how its fixed.
    bad thing is you'll erase all your memory(since it is the famous WIPE HANDHELD) so i suggest you have had backed up information...Ok Do As follow

1)Make sure you have backed up your information on your cpu through desktopmanager
    2)Hit the menu screen and scroll down to options.
    3)then scroll to Security Options
    4)Press on the General Settings
    5) Press the Menu button and finally scroll down to Wipe Handheld.

This will wipe all your information back to when it was manufactured. So heres were the back up comes in handy as you can restore all your infromation back and the icon will be gone.

ccsi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E27589

While wiping may work to clear the missed call icon, it seems a bit over-the-top to have to do that every day. Must be a simpler way or some software glitch that needs correcting.

I had the missed call icon show up with 3 missed calls and stayed on screen for a day and a half, and then it cleared up. Now it's back with 8 missed calls and aggravating (especially since I'm a tad OCD).

I tried cp's procedure on "deleting messages that wont delete" - there were no messages on the device.

Has anyone yet figured how to reset this, or maybe even just disable showing the icon in the first place?

<edit>
    The icon has somehow reset itself after ~12 hours. Strange. Still, would like to have control over this display feature...
    Last edited by ccsi; 02-17-2007 at 08:00 PM.

trapberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Just got my Pearl and developed the same issue - little smiley in upper left corner yet no new messages. Check blackberry messenger under the main menu. It turned out that a friend had sent me a blackberry messenger invite/note which prompts the icon. Once I accepted the invite and ended the IM conversation the smiley fella went away.

riy
    riy no está en línea Stack level 1

I just developed the "missed call " phantom icon after 2 months with the Cingular Pearl. I installed the blakberry alert program and made some test calls and the phantom icon appeared. I tried everything short of wipe handheld. Strange thing is the indicator works fine appearing all any new missed calls and will delete just fine but I cant get rid of the 1 hidden call. Anyone know where it could be stored. I am afraid to do the wipe because I sync with outlook and it works perfectly. If I do a backup, wipe, restore will it reset the sync points with outlook or will it apear to outlook as I wanted to delete entries and erase my outlook data????

Thanks.

riy
    riy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by riy
    I just developed the "missed call " phantom icon after 2 months with the Cingular Pearl. I installed the blakberry alert program and made some test calls and the phantom icon appeared. I tried everything short of wipe handheld. Strange thing is the indicator works fine appearing all any new missed calls and will delete just fine but I cant get rid of the 1 hidden call. Anyone know where it could be stored. I am afraid to do the wipe because I sync with outlook and it works perfectly. If I do a backup, wipe, restore will it reset the sync points with outlook or will it apear to outlook as I wanted to delete entries and erase my outlook data????

Thanks.
    Had to do wipe to fix. Everything restored ok except browser. Cingular had to resend the browser but that annoying icon is gone

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

sorry it was so much work, but glad you got it fixed
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I know this thread is old, but I still get the same phantom IM icon with messenger if i have two chat sessions going on at the same time. Then i close both of them and the "1 IM" icon never goes away. I have to do a batter pull to make it go away. I've gone into the BBM app and closed all open conversations and no new add requests exist. Just a glitch i would say. I don't see any reason for it to stay there.

hackner no está en línea Stack level 1

It works great!! Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12