Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My 8100 shows the missed call icon in the upper left x1 but there are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jopper no está en línea Stack level 1

phantom icon

Advertisement

My 8100 shows the missed call icon in the upper left x1 but there are no calls listed in the call log. How would I remove this. Does Blackberry have a system cache like the browser? Thanks for your help.

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: phantom icon

I have this same problem with BBerry IM icon (smiley face in upper right corner), but no missed IM's........I am going to try a reset - I would suggest you try the same for your icon prob.....

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sometimes you have to clear the missed call from your message list and call log

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

jopper,

As dfc420 said, you may still have an entry in your message list (where your emails are) for the missed call. Go into your message list and scroll through it to see if you can find an entry for the missed call. Just delete that entry and the missed call indicator should be cleared. Let us know if you have success with this or not.

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had a simalar problem with my 7105t. It was showing my call timer even though I had hung up 20 minutes earlier. The only way I got it to dissapear was a batery pull. Btw my phone won't soft reset. If anybodys has any suggestions let me know.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

you can also try going to your saved messages and seeing if it is in their. i have accidentally saved an unopened message.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

Thanks for the help all. Unfortunately none of them remedied the problem. Couldn't find a message in any folder or the saved folder. Plus I've had the missed calls to message folder disabled. I tried removing the battery but that didn't work either. Turning it off/on didn't work. The only other thing would be some kind of system reboot, but I don't know how to do that and I'm afraid I'd re-format my phone somehow and lose everything. Is there such a way that is safe? Thanks

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

Jopper I think there might be a glitch with your pearl because for mine, as soon as I view a missed call the icons go away immediately. Same thing for my emails, as soon as I view the email all icons disappear. So maybe you should either call customer service or take it back to where you got the phone from.

I know there is a way to do a hard reset on the BlackBerry 7520 but I'm not sure if it is the same for the pearl. The BB 7520 you just take out the battery with the phone on and hold the power button for 30 secs and put the battery back in. You will not lose any data or contacts. After that I believe you have to register the host routing table.

Just to be safe I would call your service providers customer service.
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

For a system reboot, most people just mean pulling out the battery and popping it back in. Quite safe and harmless to your BB. You won't lose any data from doing so.

thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

unibass no está en línea Stack level 1

Greetings all,

I have the same issue. I upgraded to 0.52 and things got better. Now, when I delete the missed call entry, the indicator number goes down. However, it is still at one. I have NO messages in my inbox, I have NO entries in my phone log, I have NO saved messages....I have nothing. I even went to the Delete link above and made sure all the messages were gone. I have taken the battery out for 5 minutes, and I still have 1 missed call indicated. I have changed the call logging options in hopes of flushing out this 'one' call and nothing.

My gut notion says there is some data store that is still indicating a missed call. Does anyone know specifically what data store that is?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Is it a message icon or a missed call icon? Not quite clear on that.

unibass no está en línea Stack level 1

I"m sorry....it is the missed call icon.

Thank You,
    Michael

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Is it really a missed call icon or a Voice mail Icon?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast