Ok I have a ringtone Music set up for my wife and it works good ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

personalize ringtone HELP!

Advertisement

Ok I have a ringtone Music set up for my wife and it works good not until I changed it...Let say have a ringtone set to my wife with a music called "Your Beautiful" and I changed it to a music called "My Way" by going to address book and selecting her which shows her number and the Custom Phone Tune: Your Beautiful..
    I changed it ot "My Way" music and now it shows

her Number
    Custom Phone Tune: My Way
    then i saved it.

I called my number from her Cell to see if it will changed but It Didnt...It still plays the Song called Your Beautiful rather than My Way even It says on her Address profile that Her Custom phone tune is "My Way"

My default ringtone is another music that I dont have a problem about it just the way i want to set every number I have....

she has white BB and i got a Black one....i thought my phone is a mess but when i tried on her phone to change the ring when i call her it's the same thing..

so pretty much i tried changing the Custom phone Tune for Each Number and It plays the same Tune as before i changed it...

Anyone know whats goin on?

thanks
    -darwin

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: personalize ringtone

Hey darwin, what OS are you guys running? Do you have MyFavs? Also are you using the whole songs as the ringtones?

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Hey darwin, what OS are you guys running? Do you have MyFavs? Also are you using the whole songs as the ringtones?
    i got the v4.20.64 and i dont have MyFaves.

No im not using the whole song as a ringtone....I have some ringtone Downloaded from the site and TZONES which about 10 to 15 seconds each.

I just doscover that everytime i change the Ringtone for each caller i have to restart my Phone to get the New Ringtone in effect or else It's going to play The same Music as before i change it.....if restarting is the only way then its going to be pretty annoying.......

by the way...How to restart the phone without taking out the Battery?

thanks
    -darwin

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea the only way to reset fully is the battery pull. I know it's pretty dumb. You could try upgrading the OS to .71 the one that Cingular has for the Pearl. Remember to do at your own risk though. I haven't had any problems with it. seems to work better than .64.

It's located here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

and don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file for it to work on your TMO pearl and that's located here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder using Windows Explorer and delete the file "vendor.xml"

Best of luck! PIN me if you need help

mormat no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: personalize ringtone HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Macdarwin
    Ok I have a ringtone Music set up for my wife and it works good not until I changed it...Let say have a ringtone set to my wife with a music called "Your Beautiful" and I changed it to a music called "My Way" by going to address book and selecting her which shows her number and the Custom Phone Tune: Your Beautiful..
    I changed it ot "My Way" music and now it shows

her Number
    Custom Phone Tune: My Way
    then i saved it.

I called my number from her Cell to see if it will changed but It Didnt...It still plays the Song called Your Beautiful rather than My Way even It says on her Address profile that Her Custom phone tune is "My Way"

My default ringtone is another music that I dont have a problem about it just the way i want to set every number I have....

she has white BB and i got a Black one....i thought my phone is a mess but when i tried on her phone to change the ring when i call her it's the same thing..

so pretty much i tried changing the Custom phone Tune for Each Number and It plays the same Tune as before i changed it...

Anyone know whats goin on?

thanks
    -darwin
    Ive ran into this several times when assigning a personal ringtone to a number and I always have to pull the battery to get it to work for me, but once I do that, all is well

MM