Out of curiosity, ia there anyone else in this forum using an unlocked blackberry cingular ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ir_dizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

Am I the only person with an unlocked blackberry pearl w/ a Cingular blue sim card?

Advertisement

Out of curiosity, ia there anyone else in this forum using an unlocked blackberry cingular pearl with a cingular blue (old at&t wireless) sim card?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Re: Am I the only person with an unlocked blackberry pearl w/ a Cingular blue sim card?

do you get data?

dtoupin no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Am I the only person with an unlocked blackberry pearl w/ a Cingular blue sim car

I have the old school at&t card with an unlocked tmo pearl. Works great. I have yet to add data, but the guys in the store have said I should have no trouble adding it on. I'll post back when I've added it, most likely later this week.

Re: Am I the only person with an unlocked blackberry pearl w/ a Cingular blue sim card?

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    do you get data?
    Yeah... I have data, but have found out that with a cingular blue card, I won't have access to a full html browser and MMS messaging...

I was hoping there was a way to have the options available for cingular blue customers...

MX
    MX no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ir_dizzle
    Out of curiosity, ia there anyone else in this forum using an unlocked blackberry cingular pearl with a cingular blue (old at&t wireless) sim card?
    Looking to find out how to unlock a Cingular Blackberry Pearl so it can be used with an old AT&T sim card.

Look on ebay 40unlock code

camiiseta no está en línea Stack level 2

(I'm an authorized Cingular dealer) If you take out your sim and look on the other side that faces towards the phone when it's in, does it happen to say 3g in a little flame on it? If so, you just have a newer card and it'll work fine as a regular cingular sim card. The purpose of that card is for 3g compatible cell phones, which the Pearl IS NOT. But it will still function as a regular sim card.

Do you know if Cingular would swap my old att sim card for a newer Cingular sim, but without migrating over to Cingular? Would having a newer Cingular sim enable the HTML browser and mms for the unlocked pearl I'm using now?

Thanks.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Cingular will not give You a new sim if you are not their customer. The second part of your question I do not have an answer.

~via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

Trista no está en línea Stack level 1

No. I have the same scenario as you and do not have the mms or html browser. working on finding an answer. Dis you ever fix it? It all worked great on the 7130c. Any advice would make me so happy!

slackware no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240162ec

you can purchase a new sim for like 24 bucks.

ceaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Am I the only person with an unlocked blackberry pearl w/ a Cingular blue sim car

I have an old AT&T Blue SIM card, bought a Cingular branded 8100 at their corporate store, and got it unlocked through Cingular Int'l Care (since I have been a customer for > 90 days). Everything's working fine. I don't have MMS but I do have have access to the html browser using the BB Browser and Opera Mini.

hummmm maybe because you have a cingular branded phone? Mine is ATT, could that make a difference? But no MMS why?

Slackware, you say purchase a new sim card? where? why? how does that change things?