I have had hte pearl for about a month and a half now, and i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pinkds no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl's message/call log limit

Advertisement

I have had hte pearl for about a month and a half now, and i tend to keep most of my messages in my inbox and don't really clear out my call logs. I had about 1mb of space left on my phone the other day, and i know i have my messages set to never delete, but yesterday, i noticed that all my messages and call logs were completely cleared out! What happened? is there a limit on the memory that will auto clear out messages and call logs? all my media was safe though...

Re: Pearl's message/call log limit

Also looks like my File Free status keeps jumping around even though i havent added anything since yesterday. last night i cleared my memory to about 2.7 Mb and today i got 1 email, and now it's 1.3 Mb.

Can anyone help me?

mww
    mww no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had the same problem in terms of deleted e mails. Call logs were unaffected however.
    What Theme are you using? Tech support guys at T-Mobile UK have queried whether it might be a problem with the Theme - I am using the Sunday Funnies one.

pearlberry27 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm, I hope it doesn't happen to me, I'm the same way with keeping them not deleting them... I go through a about 3700-4000 a month in SMS and emails.. Not so much on the call part being my blackberry is mainly used for data... I'm using the phantom theme and so far my only problem is the theme steals all the memory and slows the pearl down sometimes but its fine for now

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This issue has been posted before (but I'm not about to search for it; too lazy ).

When the memory becomes precariously full, such as you have described, the BlackBerry will preserve itself / protect itself, but deleting unimportant information. This seems to begin with call logs and SMS.

If you're filling up the memory that quickly, then perhaps you should consider making backups on your computer and then clearing out the BlackBerry memory to keep a healthy amount of space (at least 10 MB).

mww

In my case I am sure it is not a memory issue.

I have been running the pearl for 3 weeks without any problems and had not added any new applications or info immediately prior to the emails being deleted. Had I loaded new software onto the device the memory theory would make sense but as I have not I remain confused as to why this happened.

There were only c.300 e mails on the device (all text and short) of which 280 were deleted.

I'm not sure. I didn't have that many emails/sms preserved on the device but it was almost completely wiped, except for whatever i got that day. If i get a memory card, will i be able to save emails/sms to that at all?

well good thing i had just backed up that day, before the wipe! i do back up often, at least once a week, i just would like to keep some emails/sms on my phone. =P

Oh and I'm using the T-Mobile Zen theme.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mww, Welcome to PinStack.

What is the free memory shown on your BB? Check under Options/Status. If you are down to the same amount reported by pinkds, there is something that is taking up an extreme amount of memory.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mww

Thanks for the response - the memory on the BB (under Status) is showing at 13348196 bytes - I have checked colleagues BB's and their memory is lower and they have not had any problems.

I must confess to being confused by the memory - when I click on Media Manager in Desktop Manager it shows the Device Memory at 19.0MB with 9.27MB free - this is clearly different to the figure under Status on the BB. What is the difference.

Finally - will delting all of the assorted languages under applications free up memory or cause me problems with the OS?
    Thanks in advance.

tok
    tok no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also had this problem. Cleared all the memory to maximum but did not help.
    I solved this problem by reinstaling complete OS, and no extra theme downloaded.... and after that I have no problems