when i connect my 8100 to a usb port on the computer, i get a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

irv6744 no está en línea Stack level 1

pearl won't connect to usb on computer

Advertisement

when i connect my 8100 to a usb port on the computer, i get a message on the computer that the device has exceeded the current rating of the port so the port has been disabled.

anything that i can fix?

having trouble with chargers as well and noticed that the end pin on the mini-usb connection on the pearl seems to bent back.
    any connection to the usb problem?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Well you may need to install the drivers on you PC, that's what it could be.

computer usb port works fine with another pearl and with a motorola.
    i think i have a phone problem, not a driver program.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmm..that's a new one for me!!! the error is what's odd about it "Exceeded the current rating" . . . . . ?!?!?!

fieryknight no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2425F228
    Um....try blowing out the data cable socket on the side of our balckberry and then try to push in the data cable a little harder. It might not be in all the way or something might be inside the socket.

pin 1 of the usb connector inside the bb is bent so it is not making a good connection with the usb cable.
    i did try to stick a pen in the bb connector and wedge the pin part a little within the connector housing and then my computer was able to read the bb without the usb overcurrent message.

i had the same usb overcurrent problem on a used motorola phone with a micro usb connector.
    i never did play with that one and just sent it back to my vendor who is returning it to motorola under warranty.
    i wonder if that was the same kind of problem with one connector pin being squirrely.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    USB port current is usually limited to 100 mA. The BB wants to draw 500 mA.

Installing the Blackberry Device Drivers fixes the problem by creating appropriate USB ports.

If you don't have it, or you don't want it, you can modify Windows settings to increase the current... ask me if you need to do so.

i thought usb 2.0 handled 500ma and usb1.1. handled 100ma.

i had access to the pearl for a while few nights ago but tonight i am getting the exceeded power limits message again.

a few nights ago i was able to do a backup under blackberry desktop manager.

i have a feeling i was not supposed to read some of my daughter's text messages.
    so it goes....

PIN/ID
    2425F228
    how many usb ports on your computer? You could try putting it in another USB port.

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    sounds to me like your bent pin is causing the issue you might try taking it in to have it repaired or maybe warranty swap or something.....
    at the least i would definitely take it in to your service provider and see if they can work something out for you
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

PIN/ID
    2425F228
    Try this. Right-Click on My computer>Properties>Hardware Tab>Device Manager.
    When Device Manager comes up, go down to the Universal Serial Bus Category. Click the + sign beside it and you will see all the USB ports on your computer. Next Right-click on one of the USB Root Hub>Properties>Power management. Make sure that the first box is checked on each USB HUB Port.