Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

is there anyone else near you with tmo? then you can check what their coverage ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Pearl won't connect to GPRS/EDGE

Advertisement

is there anyone else near you with tmo? then you can check what their coverage is like. tmo i've noticed tends to overreport their coverage areas. a lot of people i know switched to them because theyw ere told they would have 5 bar coverage only to find out that they had little to no coverage in the areas they spend the most time in.

TheAtwookie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23feac94

Yeah, the phone shows 5 bars of signal and has all day. Now if only data would come through.

And unfortunately I don't know anybody else w/ Tmo in Lbk. Service has generally been pretty good. But I'm gonna drive across town and get on a different tower and see if it updates. I'm pretty sure once it connects and downloads everything, maybe it'll be less picky about exactly how much data it should be getting?

PIN/ID
    23feac94

Still no connection, perhaps I'm in the minority where it will actually take 24+ hours for my BIS to activate on my handset. Tmo rep called a RIM rep to see if they could figure it out. Nada. I'll be on campus tomorrow, maybe some magic will happen.

shamrock1927 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E07EAC

you know i had da same problem and had to wait until the data service was activated!!

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Hope the chat in aim helped and gave you a game plan!
    ~Zey

PIN/ID
    23feac94

I drove to the far south side of town, it connected! Now that I'm back in my apartment, it still says it's connected. Must be some kind of wacky voodoo.

PIN/ID
    23feac94

My apartment must have turned into a GPRS/EDGE dead zone when I went home for a weekend LOL.

It was nice that my connection to GPRS carried over from the south side to the north side, but when I rebooted my phone in my apt, it just didn't connect back up. Such is life, at least I know it works now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12