I dropped my Pearl at bar and the trackball came out and all I could ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rg4436 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl with no trackball

Advertisement

I dropped my Pearl at bar and the trackball came out and all I could recover was the phone and the plastic ring.

This happened on thursday night. I was able to use the phone all day friday because I could use the keys to move the cursor, etc.

Well, late friday night, my battery died, and after charging it I rebooted my phone and I got a pop up asking me "Do You want to allow Instant Messaging......."

There is a check box and two fields and I must select one but there is no cursor and it won't let me get past this. I've tried every keystroke imaginable and I can't close this window or somehow highlight the selection I need to move on.

I found where to get a new trackball from this site, and they are actually in Houston where I am, but they are closed until Wednesday for the holidays.

I can't read any texts or make any outbound calls, just receive them. I really hope somebody out there has a fix or knows a way to reboot in safe mode so i can fix that Instant Messaging thing.

The phone starts, it verifies software, then I get the pop up.

Hope everyone has a happy new year.

oc12522 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl with no trackball

well one thing that will probobly help not sure is go to some store and get them to let you borow one of there fake pearls and try to put the track ball in see if it works

yeah I guess I could try a cell phone store and see if they would let me pop one of theirs in for a minute while i fix it and then go back to using the buttons until I can get it repaired wednesday.

Thanks for the advice....other suggestions welcomed.

thanks as always

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You might order a trackball on eBay. I bought a couple ...for $30.

Well I visited two local Tmobile stores today. The first said they didn't have any returns that I could use, and that I couldn't use any of the demo's they had. She was kinda bitchy, but did call another store and they had a Pearl they were going to return so I drove a few more blocks and they guy just ended up giving me the whole trackball setup.

So a big thank you goes to T-mobile on W. Gray in Houston. Saved me $60 on a replacement and I'm up and running again.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

That's a great outcome, glad you're back in business.