Lost my BB Pearl the other day and the insurance company sent me a brand ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thegreatone no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl will not take a charge or connect to laptop!!!!

Advertisement

Lost my BB Pearl the other day and the insurance company sent me a brand new one. Charged it for 12 hours then downloaded a couple or themes of the internet. That night i pluged it into my charger and it would not work. I also tryed to connect it to my laptop and it would not work either. Called the insurance and they sent me another brand new one. Did the same thing. Charged it downloaded some themes off the internet and i noticed the same problem. Will not connect to charger or laptop? Dont know what is going on but i think it has to do with the themes i downloaded of the internet. Does anyone know how i can fix this problem. My battery is very low on both phones. Is there some kind of factory reset i can do?

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

Re: Pearl will not take a charge or connect to laptop!!!!

Try pulling the battery out and re-inserting it. I had an issue like this and that was all I had to do.

akordboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah, take the battery out for a few minutes. I usually do this once a week or when it is necessary.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

did the other suggestions help?!

if not i would try getting the latest DM and OS from T-Mobile...also get the USB drivers...maybe whatever themes you are downloading are screwing up the drivers and you PC or laptop has no idea that there is something plugged into the USB

if you think it's the themes you're downloading how about starting from scratch and doing everything to your phone except for getting themes and stuff...see if you phone works normally before you put all this "un-trusted" material on your BB.

you may also want to just try a new USB cable or power cord...your may just be worn out or fried.

post back please

HEY MANG no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25871AF3

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547
    did the other suggestions help?!

if not i would try getting the latest DM and OS from T-Mobile...also get the USB drivers...maybe whatever themes you are downloading are screwing up the drivers and you PC or laptop has no idea that there is something plugged into the USB

if you think it's the themes you're downloading how about starting from scratch and doing everything to your phone except for getting themes and stuff...see if you phone works normally before you put all this "un-trusted" material on your BB.

you may also want to just try a new USB cable or power cord...your may just be worn out or fried.

post back please

ha. New usb chord will run you about $15

Not our fault Tmobile cant ever do anything right.
    MYSPACE.COM/ROOTMEANSQUARE

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

??? hey mang what are you talking about...T-mobile gets everything right...that's why we all recommend you use their new OS for your pearl no matter your carrier...please make sure you read the post and comprehend it before you post...as for a new USB cord you don't have to buy one and it you shop where they're $15 you don't know anything about electronics shopping...cords are cheap especially if you buy them from a repair shop or somewhere like PC club...hell i have tons of them from all the devices that use them and give you a USB to mini USB cord...i'll mail you one it you like i'll even pay the shipping...ask your friends they probably have one to...you only need it to make sure that it's your device and not the cord...please disregard mang's comments if you are trying to actually get help from this post

HEY MANG no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25871AF3

Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547
    ??? hey mang what are you talking about...T-mobile gets everything right...that's why we all recommend you use their new OS for your pearl no matter your carrier...please make sure you read the post and comprehend it before you post...as for a new USB cord you don't have to buy one and it you shop where they're $15 you don't know anything about electronics shopping...cords are cheap especially if you buy them from a repair shop or somewhere like PC club...hell i have tons of them from all the devices that use them and give you a USB to mini USB cord...i'll mail you one it you like i'll even pay the shipping...ask your friends they probably have one to...you only need it to make sure that it's your device and not the cord...please disregard mang's comments if you are trying to actually get help from this post
    lmao @ you getting all vexed at my comment. i was just calling it like I see it. Oh yea the chord is $15 via T-Mobile stores. My DM & pearl was were going until this wack OS came out. There are about 20 threads stating this so I am not alone. Thus my argument is logical.Its definitly not my chord and I dont care if you sell me one for $5, I still think T-Mobile needs to get there crap right...RIM especially.Thats ok. I'll bring this up to them for my interview with RIM on Friday. I'll keep you cats posted, As for you magellan,i hope you do realize that people lose interest in whatever you proclaim to be interesting, so for the love of humanity, please stop posting.
    MYSPACE.COM/ROOTMEANSQUARE

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Alright kids play nice.