I am having a major problem and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

yaoming7511 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E90074

Smile Pearl will not answer calls occasionally

Advertisement

I am having a major problem and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Occasionally I will receive a phone call, but I will not be able to answer it. None of the buttons will work. I can silence the ringer with the mute button, but that's it. Then after the caller has stopped calling, the buttons will still not work, only the trackball. After about 2-3 minutes, the buttons come back to life again.

This is getting very annoying as I occasionally miss important calls. I would call Cingular about this, but I have a feeling they are going to say my phone is defective or something and will want me to send it in, but i know it is not defective because it never did this before. I have tried removing the battery and reinserting but it does not help.

Anyone else having this problem, and if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl will not answer calls occasionally

hi may i ask what os you have and if it is not the latest an upgrade may be the answer

yaoming7511 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E90074

i have the latest (I believe) v 4.2.0.71 (Platform 2.2.0.41)

ok so try to do a reinstallation of the os it has probably been badly installed or even an os of another provider , but dont forget to delete the vendor.xml file of the other carrier , i hope this helps

As far as your pocket do you have it set to lock in holster, go to options>security options>general settings and make sure lock handheld upon holstering is set to no....try a battery pull (this fixes alot of problems)