I just got my replacement Pearl from TMobile. My Pearl was starting to self destruct, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl Warranty replacement and restore questions

Advertisement

I just got my replacement Pearl from TMobile. My Pearl was starting to self destruct, even though I always took very good care of it. The screen was filling up with dust, and the battery door latch mysteriously broke

Anyway, I got the new one, and the first thing I noticed was how white the trackball is! I'm a clean person, but my old one looks black in comparison. Eww.

So I backed up my old Pearl with Desktop Manager, and restored to the new one. It seems to have transferred all my info over, but none of my apps. Is there a way to restore my set up to my new Pearl exactly like it was on my old Pearl? Or do I need to reinstall all my apps manually?

Also, I'm not getting email since I switched over. I pulled the battery, just in case.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Re: Pearl Warranty replacement and restore questions

Hrm Hi Jason. When I got my new pearl I just re-downloaded/added all my Apps to. I'm not sure if there is a way or not be you can always be safe, and spend some quality time with your new pearl, by redownloading and adding them .
    The email might be a "books" thing. Try resending them in your options and/or make sure the email knows that your PIN has changed if it goes off of PIN rather than Phone # (unless that changed too ). -Aber

Okay, the email problem is solved. I logged into my TMobile account to try resending the service books, and it asked me if I wanted to switch my email to the new phone's PIN. I wasn't aware that the email had to do with my PIN. I figured TMobile had it configured to work with my phone number/SIM card, regardless of the phone.

So now I guess I'll just reinstall my apps one at a time. It will give me a chance to get rid of some of the uneeded ones, I guess. :P

PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Haha yeah. If you need anythnig else just ask. The switch isnt that bad I promise -Aber

Enzo_Boi no está en línea Stack level 1

Speaking of the battery door latch breaking. Mine broke too, does anyone know where I can buy a replacment part?

pin me 23df4a73

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

aber , I hate them all, cause they took my baby away, I need several, so i wont feel so bereft next time !!

PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    aber , I hate them all, cause they took my baby away, I need several, so i wont feel so bereft next time !!
    Them as in the man? haha And you need several....pearls? Gasp your necessity for more is what runs our corporate-consumer heaven of American capitalism!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo_Boi
    Speaking of the battery door latch breaking. Mine broke too, does anyone know where I can buy a replacment part?

pin me 23df4a73
    Unless you've abused your phone, it should still be under warranty. Just call your provider and tell them you need a new one. When I called TMobile, they tried to tell me it was a cosmetic issue at first. I set them straight on that. How will the battery cover stay on if the latch is broken?

PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Quote Originally Posted by jason8888
    Unless you've abused your phone, it should still be under warranty. Just call your provider and tell them you need a new one. When I called TMobile, they tried to tell me it was a cosmetic issue at first. I set them straight on that. How will the battery cover stay on if the latch is broken?
    Aye Jason. I took mine in, physically showed them the problem. The guy instantly understood and sent me a new phone for free *waved the overnight shipping* -Aber

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

The doors are only $5.00

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F

Pardon me for not knowing this, but do we need to have the insurance on the phone through t-mobile? T-Mobile will replace based on manufacturers warranty??

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

T-Mobile replaces the phone based on manufacturer's warranty. Insurance (which is something you pay for seperately) replaces it for any other reason after the deductible is paid.

Zo.