View Poll Results: Which one is better?

Voters
51. Register free to vote on this poll
  • sk3

0 0%
  • Pearl

51 100.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No problem alecsz. Yeah i also forgot to mention that the pearl with a new ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl vs. Sidekick3

Advertisement

No problem alecsz. Yeah i also forgot to mention that the pearl with a new contract is $200 while the sk3 with less features costs $300. I am the type of person also that likes to be different from everyone. I go to college and all i see is people with an sk3 and quite frankly i think its pretty pathetic. I see the people squinting to look at whats on the screen, its just terrible. Go with the person i don't think you will regret it. If you go check out amazon.com you can get the phone for 50 bucks after a $50 rebate. You can read the reviews there too and they are all great. The only thing at amazon.com is you have to keep the phone for atleast 6 months. Worse comes to worse buy the phone from tmobile for 200 bucks and try it for 2 weeks, you can always return it during that time period. If you really want instant messaging and can't wait for the aim program from rim, then u can use ramble for free or spend 50 bucks on im +. I'm using it now and its not bad i have to say. So let me know what you think.

alecsz no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the phone already.. and I don't have data service.. hoping to get it next month. With out data I can't use aim.. am I correct? or are there ways to do it?

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You can use AIM, you just have to download a program that uses SMS to send the messages as opposed to using data(internet service) to send the messages. T-Mobile offers a program you can download to you PC from their website and then install it to you device via Desktop Manager software and USB cable, both of which came packaged with your BB. Keep in mind that every IM you send or receive will count against your plan as a text message.

alecsz no está en línea Stack level 2

i have unlim txts.. can you go into more detail on exactly how I get AIM on the phone?

Aiim is already on the phone... its part of the OZ program. It has four different companies that you can talk through. I forgot which ones but i know yahoo and aim are 2 of them. If you have unlimited text messages then u should be good to go . You don't have to worry about anything then. If you look on your pearl i believe there is an icon that says IM. As for your other question ... i don't think u can use aim unless u have the data plan on top of everything else.

You already have aim on the phone. It comes pre installed on the phone already. It's a program called OZ. It uses 4 different instant messaging companies like aim and yahoo. I forgot the other 2 companies. When you send the message it uses txt messages but since u have unlimited then it shouldn't be a problem for u... BUT i do think u need a data plan to use the service on top of it.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If what others are saying is correct and its pre-loaded I guess you are good to go. Some devices don't have it installed when you buy it, and if that's the case you can download it from T-Mobile from your PC. I will describe how to get it in case you or someone else needs to know how. Go to www.tmobile.com, click on Support, on the next page in the "Phone & device support" box select manufacturer-RIM Blackberry, on the next page slect your device, on the next page in the "Hanheld" box under Product Information select System Upgrade, on the next page click Get Software next to your device. A new page opens up and you must then enter your mobile # in the appropriate field and click Go. In the next page it will list aplications available for your device and click on the Instant Messaging app. Click on Download and once downloaded install the app via Desktop Manager software. If you do have to do this and need help just let me know.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

pearl has more features.. so I'll go with the pearl

ts
    ts no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B0A32

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    The only advantage to the sk3 is the intuitive process switching. Hold menu and hit any key on the keyboard to switch to that app. It was perfect

major2829 no está en línea Stack level 2

This is sad, but the only reason I got rid of my SK was becuase I felt I was "too old" to have one. I LOVED that phone. I found it to be the most user friendly device for text messaging, email and overall useage. I am a professional and agree with many of the previous posters that you don't really see many with the SK. It really just depends on what you need to communicate. Most of my friends do not want to use their work PDA's for "friendly" communication. Their personal phones are standard phones and most do not want to pay extra for the email/online feature since they have it on work phones, so we rely heavily on text messaging to communicate when we can't talk on the phone.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

This subject has been discussed before here
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...light=sidekick

But to summarize-

KICKS ARE FOR KIDS

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

I thought it was kind of interesting nobody even bothered to point out the price difference either. SK3 is like $100 more expensive, at least at the t-mo store where I bought my Pearl.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

I had a Color Sidekick for a while, then upgraded to the SKII. While I loved them both, I wanted something different, so I swtiched to the MDA (I have T-Mobile), because of the functionality of Windows Mobile 5.0. While I have no doubt the SK3 is nice, I prefer something a bit more professional. I just ordered a pearl yesterday, since I'm a bit tired of the MDA's size.

rudolph sche no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df36e3

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Sidekicks are geared toward the high school and some of the college crowd.

Pearl is aimed at the adult market as indicated that one NEVER sees professionals with Sidekicks, only BB's. I don't know what I would think if I saw someone in the Courthouse using a Sidekick, probably that he lost his BB and had to borrow his kid's Sidekick for the day. If that was not the situation, I'd think he was an incompetent clown.

So no comparison should be made. Totally different users and uses.

Moreover, since you posted this in the Pearl/Blackberry Forum I think the voting results will be obvious.
    I agree!

eastcoaste30 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had both and I just sold my Sidekick to buy the Pearl. The Sidekick is great because of the keyboard (as a lot of people have already mentioned), but apart from that, IMHO, has no other advantages. My biggest frustration with the Sidekick was how horrible (I really can't explain how bad it was) the reception was and how slow it would take to find the network once reception was inevitably lost. The Pearl is infinitely better in this respect, it's a lot smaller, has more features that work better, is less "high-school," costs less, and is almost as easy to use once you get used to the qwerty pad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast