View Poll Results: Which one is better?

Voters
51. Register free to vote on this poll
  • sk3

0 0%
  • Pearl

51 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hear a lot of people talk about the sidekick 3 at my school and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alecsz no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl vs. Sidekick3

Advertisement

I hear a lot of people talk about the sidekick 3 at my school and they all think it's the best phone ever, period. I disagree with them and I think the pearl blows it out of the water, but I don't own a sk3 so I don't know. I'm just want to hear some pros and cons about both phones.

And btw I think they all like the sk3 and think it's cooler because they see it on MTV and don't do any research

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Re: Pearl vs. Sidekick3

UNCOMPAREABLE. did i spell it right?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~half the kids at ur school prolly don't even know what the pearl is prolly don't even know what blackberry is

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

My girlfriend got the SK3 the same time I got my Pearl and her phone sucks! You can't set mp3's as ringtones, you have to buy them. The screen quality is like from the 80's and the phone is so big she's planning to buy a Razr just to take out on the weekend! I call her phone SideKrap3.
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Both devices has its pros and cons, the sidekick is only "better" than the peral in keyboard real-estate and an excellent chat service, EVERTYING else about the sdk, the bb beats it hands down in relaibility, stability and usefullness

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~half the kids at ur school prolly don't even know what the pearl is prolly don't even know what blackberry is
    No one in my school has or even heard of the pearl...

and btw it's uncomparable

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by alecsz
    I hear a lot of people talk about the sidekick 3 at my school and they all think it's the best phone ever, period. I disagree with them and I think the pearl blows it out of the water, but I don't own a sk3 so I don't know. I'm just want to hear some pros and cons about both phones.

And btw I think they all like the sk3 and think it's cooler because they see it on MTV and don't do any research
    Sidekicks are geared toward the high school and some of the college crowd.

Pearl is aimed at the adult market as indicated that one NEVER sees professionals with Sidekicks, only BB's. I don't know what I would think if I saw someone in the Courthouse using a Sidekick, probably that he lost his BB and had to borrow his kid's Sidekick for the day. If that was not the situation, I'd think he was an incompetent clown.

So no comparison should be made. Totally different users and uses.

Moreover, since you posted this in the Pearl/Blackberry Forum I think the voting results will be obvious.

I know what you're saying. I'm wondering what the main features of the sk3 are that aren't on the Pearl.

bustinstugot no está en línea Stack level 2

I too was having this problem.. I just couldn't decide on which to get. My contract has just expired with nextel and I first waited for the sk3 to come out in july. Then i heard about the pearl. I've used both. The sk3 has one of the best qwerty keyboards you can find on any phone hands down. This might be one of the only pluses for the phone. As far as i can see the websites both load using html format which basically means you'll see most websites the way you see it on a computer. As far as I know according to rumors i've heard on this site that an aim application will be coming out for free for the pearl by the end of this year and will NOT be using SMS, which means you won't pay per message. If this is true then this is the same as the sk3 then. The only thing better about the sk3 plan is the unlimited text messaging. I will also admit that the sk3 phone is so easy to use that a 5 year old can use it, but its made this way to aim at teenagers. Like previous posts have said, the blackberry is more of a professional phone and in my opinion much more nice looking. The sk3 is big and the biggest down fall of them all is the resolution on the screen. It's probably the worst screen i've ever seen on a phone. The blackberry can use mp3 ring tones and you can make your own backgrounds on the phone. For the sk3 you must pay for all your ring tones and wallpapers. The pearl is tiny, has a better quality camera, mp3 player and you can customize the phone to what you want. I hope this was somewhat helpful and if you have any questions just ask me since i have used both.

very helpful bust, thank you.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The SK3 is definitely geared more for younger people and those who do a lot of texting, as opposed to the Pearl which is more for older(even if only slightly) professionals who use e-mail more. The BB is certainly a more stable and reliable device. I also feel a lot of people who get the Sidekick want to get the cool new phone that they see all the celebrities using, which is usually more important to the high school and college crowd. Plus the Pearl is a bit cheaper and can do everything the SK3 can do. The only thing the Sidekick has over the Pearl is the full QWERTY keyboard, but if that is super important to you, just wait for the 8800.

the keyboard is last on my list of things.. i like the keyboard on the pearl though.. i can text faster than a lot of my friends can type.. not sure if that's bad or not..

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~This is also probably the wrong place to ask this question. We're not exactly impartial. Look at the reults, 100% to 0%. HAHA! LMAO!

lol yeah I noticed that also hehe

BBboy1 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    My wife has the sk3 is alright . I still think blackberry in general is the best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast