I had a pearl and now it's broken and I was thinking of getting a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl Vs. Curve

Advertisement

I had a pearl and now it's broken and I was thinking of getting a Curve. Is it the same thing as the Pearl? Or is there something that the pearl has that the curve doesn't? Please let me know the differences.
    Thank You

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Depends on the exact model number. You can get gps or wifi on both if you found the right model so I would say it depends on the look and the feel of the phone you want. My recommendation: Curve, but I'm positive you will get mixed responses after this post!
    Goodluck choosing!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I had an 8700, then a pearl. Sold the pearl and went back to the full keyboard, 8300 curve. I LOVE this phone. Could not get used to the pearl keyboard. The screen size was also a factor.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    The only differences are the size, keyboard, and little things. The OS is basically the same.

I move up to the Curve and I love it. DO IT!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Go to http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/compare/ and compare the two on this page. Drag and drop the models you want to compare (up to 5) and click Compare Selected Devices. You can go back and compare more if you want to see all the Pearls and Curves.

fiend814 no está en línea Stack level 2
    QWERTY keyboard, WiFi and a bigger screen on the Curve.. yes please! Also, the ability to place apps in folders on the home screen (to reduce clutter), is it odd that this is one of the biggest deciding factors for me? Try em both, you can get all the facts here, but in the end it's what you are most comfortable with..

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I was thinking about upgrading to the Curve when my contract is up in May, but I really like the small form factor of the Pearl and suretype is a breeze. I can't seem to get used to the full QWERTY keyboard. I keep it strapped to my side in the OEM leather holster. I know, I know, the Curve is only a 1/2" wider than the Pearl, bigger screen, better camera, etc...I wont jump over to the Curve forum yet. I have time to decide.

That 1/2" makes a world of a difference when it's in your hand/in your pocket/clipped to your side all day long. Really, if you really like suretype and the Curve doesn't offer you any huge improvemets.. Like you said, you have time to decide.

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    curve...bottom line

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the Pearl

I used to love the Pearl, I had it for over a year. Just upgraded to Curve 8320-WIFI T-Mobile Rocks.. LOVE THE CURVE. More sturdy, not as much hourglassing as pearl for sure.. There's no contest.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fiend814 View Post
    QWERTY keyboard, WiFi and a bigger screen on the Curve.. yes please! Also, the ability to place apps in folders on the home screen (to reduce clutter), is it odd that this is one of the biggest deciding factors for me? Try em both, you can get all the facts here, but in the end it's what you are most comfortable with..

Is there any way you can tell me how to do the folder thing on the home page? I have the 8320, just got it.. Thanks in advance.

ddark1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check this out before you buy the curve.....

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602_7-5020357-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    Is there any way you can tell me how to do the folder thing on the home page? I have the 8320, just got it.. Thanks in advance.
    On the main screen, press Menu > Add Folder. From then on, you can move apps into this folder.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ddark1 View Post
    Check this out before you buy the curve.....

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602_7-5020357-1.html
    Just about the same amount of radiation as the pearl and close to most phones. Wouldn't be my deciding factor!