ok guys so i have recently got a pearl. it is my first blackberry ever ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bberry124 no está en línea Stack level 2

pearl vs 8700g

Advertisement

ok guys so i have recently got a pearl. it is my first blackberry ever and i am in love with it. the problem is i can not decide whether i should switch to the 8700g or keep my pearl. i have 2 weeks to return/exchange my phone. i know that the advantage of t he 8700 is the full keyboard but what else differs from the pearl; call quality, speed, etc.

any advice on which way to go would be appreciated...
    just for some background info i use the phone to talk, email and as a pda. i am texting and e-mailing a ton on it and i am sorta getting use to the keyboard and suretype. i am coming from a sidekick and mda so it is a little hard.

let me know what i should do. thanks

-bberry124

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6
    The Pearl has a camera and media player. The 8700g has more screen real estate.

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I like my 8700 but sometimes wish it did more in the mutimedia department .its between suretype and mutimedia and camera. Vs. full qwerty keyboard and bigger screen .other than that most of the apps are the same. To me the memory exspantion might tip the favor to the pearl.

toon no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was wondering the same thing. I opted for the Pearl over the 8700, and I too just abandoned the Sidekick platform. I decided to stick with the Pearl until the 8800 debuts and see how things look from there. But so far... i LOVE this thing. I'm addicted.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had both devices. I absolutely loved both, but the Pearl has so much more when it comes to function. I don't mind the suretype, and its much easier when it comes to one hand usage. The multimedia functions are good, and getting better as OS upgrades happen, and people come out with support for it ie. Blackberry Video Generator. I love the Pearl, and would not go to the 8700. Now when the 8800 comes out, I may have a decision, as wifi would be a huge thing for me, as I have poor network coverage at my house. We'll see but the pearl is much Bette for my uses.