Hey guys, I'm over in Baghdad and want to use my Pearl as a phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

flatusboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl Unlocked...can't make calls

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I'm over in Baghdad and want to use my Pearl as a phone and to have access to my PIM functions. I know there is no data services available, no biggie.

Heres the deal - I unlocked the phone before I left home, called T-Mo and they hooked me up.
    I was issued a GSM phone over here (RAZR) with a MCI sim card configured with a US number (914).
    I thought that I could just put the MCI sim in my Pearl and it would work...it's not.
    The phone sees the network, MCI is displayed as carrier, but, I can't make or receive calls.
    I tried the sim in another phone (Nokia) and it works fine, just not in my Pearl.
    I can use a local sim, Iraqna, in my Pearl, that also works great. Everyone I deal with has MCI service though, so the Iraqna sim is worthless to me.

I went to the Embassy GSM shop to make sure it could be done. They said everyone is doing it, and there are even a few BB's running around the yard (no data of course). They were very busy and couldnt spend much time with me on this "minor" issue though. But, they said it should work.

I dont have the international plan on my T-Mo account and don't want it. Why, when they provide me a free service while over here. It would be nice to carry 1 phone instead of 2 though.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

flatusboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl Unlocked...can't make calls

anyone?

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf

Re: Pearl Unlocked...can't make calls

Hmm, I have tmo pearl and I unlocked it and had an MCI sim in Egypt over the summer without any problems, idk, try playing with ur call settings, if I figure out anything I'll PM u~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~