My daughter has a pearl and the trackball has stopped clicking. It does not come ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481

pearl trackball

Advertisement

My daughter has a pearl and the trackball has stopped clicking. It does not come back up when depressed, could this be fixed by getting a new trackball assembly?
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Absolutely. Cheap and easy to replace. check them out here:
    www.cnn.cn
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

PIN/ID
    2840D481
    would that be the only thing wrong is the trackball assembly or something on the board itself that would stop it from clicking?

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    No. It wouldn't be the board. The bottom of the trackball assembly has a small metal tab taped to it. and its concaved to give it that "click" action. that piece may have come apart,or broke. It's kind of like a snapple cap when you push it and get that pop sound. Same concept. You can replace it in 2 minutes. Very simple to do. The chrome ring pops off with a small jewelers screw driver,or knife if yer careful, and the trackball pops right out, throw the new one in,and snap the ring back in. Done!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just use my finger nails, the curve and shape of a long nail is perfect for getting it out there are tabbed prongs that hold the ring in place, they are located at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock position on the ring. Just gently work your way around and it will pop off.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    2840D481
    On the cnn site they have the bubble pieces for the board itself and shows you how to replace it. Could this also be the problem? Should I order both the trackball and the bubble piece?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by frisco49ers View Post
    On the cnn site they have the bubble pieces for the board itself and shows you how to replace it. Could this also be the problem? Should I order both the trackball and the bubble piece?

my cousin had this problem with her pearl twice. If it is still under warranty take it back and get a replacement. The little "bubble" on the board itself seems to get worn out. A lot of hard pushing from texting/ selecting/ sending I think wears it out. She is likely a very heavy user, yes? if it's not on warranty and you feel confident enough to replace the little "bubble" i would recommend that you order it too; Cause you will be disappointed like I was when I just thought it was the track ball and assembly and it's not/ isn't.

good luck

Regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also, be sure to choose expedited shipping, normal shipping take about 2 weeks...or find a US supplier. I have found cnn.cn to have the best quality of the trackballs I have purchased, but speed is not exactly their thing
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    2840D481
    thanks for all the help, I will get the "bubble" piece as well. She is new to bb, got this phone from a friend to see if she likes it and she fell in love with it. Now I have to get it working better so she doesn't decide to switch away from bb....