Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am trying to play music through my car via the AUX input and my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3

Pearl to Aux input in car

Advertisement

I am trying to play music through my car via the AUX input and my media player on my pearl...

problem is that the car wont recognize the pearl...

other stereos with aux inputs i try to play through only give my left channels of sound.

What gives?

How can I play my BB through my car?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    The 8100 has a proprietary headphone jack. 2.5 mm with 3 channels instead of the usual 2 channels. So depending on the jack you're using it may not have the correct number of channels. I do believe Seidio has a adapter for the 8100. You may want to check it out.

I went to the Seido website and it does not specify if it is a 3 chanel or not...

how can I tell?

spoke to the CS rep at Seido and they said it was only a 2 channel... they recommended I go to blackberry.

I found one there and hopefully it will work.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    I dont know why Seido would point you away, seido is in fact the only known developer of such a device for the 8100. All you are looking for is their stereo 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter. It is male on one end and female on the other. I have one and it works (a bit sporatically though. I have to insert it half way to get clear reception)

Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    I dont know why Seido would point you away, seido is in fact the only known developer of such a device for the 8100. All you are looking for is their stereo 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter. It is male on one end and female on the other. I have one and it works (a bit sporatically though. I have to insert it half way to get clear reception)

I asked them to check and see if it was a 2 channel or 3 and they told me it was 2...

They instructed me to call RIM

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    The problem with the sporadic operation was determined by Siedio in another forum to be the order of connection. What they said to do was to connect the aux cable/headset to the convertor first and then connect the phone.

I asked them to check and see if it was a 2 channel or 3 and they told me it was 2...
    My Tech actually has used both (with and without mic) of Siedio's 8100 adaptors and I currently use their 8300 in my car. He was able to hear everything in stereo as can I in every instance of use (we both kept our aux cables plugged into the adaptor at all times).

Zo

I will post up results as soon as the one I ordered arrives

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I bought a 2.5 to 3.5 stereo adapter from radio shack for the same reason when I had my 8100 aand it didn't work. I got no sound out of it, also I got no sound with my sony too. Only the BB oem headhones worked. I'm glad the curve has 3.5.
    phatman the phat stacker!

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have an 8100 pearl and my wife has 8320 curve. I didn't know we could hook it up to the car. I know my car stereo has an aux input. What all would I need to buy and how much would it cost.

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_black...2222A8MVJ92P27

This is where I got mine. directly from RIM for around $20

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I purchased the Siedio adaptor for my 8320 (from pinstack's store). You will need to get two different adaptors and a short cable (I personally use a 2 foot cable which puts my bb right behind the shifter in the little slot beneath the e-brake in my Aveo). I would also recommend getting the version with the mic so you can then use your car stereo as a speakerphone. The cool thing about that is you can still use voice dial and answer/end from BT but all audio comes through the stereo.

Zo

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    I purchased the Siedio adaptor for my 8320 (from pinstack's store). You will need to get two different adaptors and a short cable (I personally use a 2 foot cable which puts my bb right behind the shifter in the little slot beneath the e-brake in my Aveo). I would also recommend getting the version with the mic so you can then use your car stereo as a speakerphone. The cool thing about that is you can still use voice dial and answer/end from BT but all audio comes through the stereo.

Zo
    So what do u use as the mic? Is it built in to the adapter? Basically its making ur own handsfree system in the car. Cool!

What 2 diff cables are they and would this also work with an 8100 with the correct adapters?

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I bought the adaptor with built in mic. I then purchased a 6 foot aux cable (exchanged it for a 2 footer) from Best Buy. I do have to turn the volume up on my stereo to 20 (I normally run at 10) or higher to be able to hear the audio. We use it as a speaker phone in the car all the time and no one has complained about audio yet. I need to find a better mounting location to move the mic to a more centralized location instead of between the seats but it works beautifully in my '08 Aveo with Stock system.

And yes, it will work with an 8100 with the correct adaptors. My tech had a pearl and used it with his clarion system before he upgraded to the curve.

Zo

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thankx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast