hey guys! omg so basically im learning so much thru these forums.. u guys are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

Pearl Tethered Modem Speed Question

Advertisement

hey guys! omg so basically im learning so much thru these forums.. u guys are just amazing.. ahhaa

anyway so guess who got their laptop to the internet using the pearl?? ME! anyway im just excited.

so my question is how far should i try the speed? people use around 115.. then i tried 230 it worked then now im on 460.. i wanna try the 900 one..

derno watst he difference between those anyway?

oh and another question.. for some reason it kinda like lags and hangs.. but when i reconnect it just becomes fine.. kinda annoying reconnecting it tho!

anyway thanks in advance,

frann

howdini no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EBDAC5

Re: Pearl Tethered Modem Speed Question

How do I change the modem speed?!!?!?

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Changing the modem speed on the PC doesn't really change the modem speed of your Blackberry. The settings are erroneous. You can set it for 19.2 or whatever and it will still communicate at the maximum cellular network speed. The speed to your Blackberry is dictated by the physical USB connection. The speed to the world is dictated by your carrier supported network.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

If you have Tmo then the speed is on EDGE upto 144 kbps, if on GPRS upto 64 kbps. If on another carrier dunno what the speeds are.