Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Hey what OS are you guys all running. .101 tether is broken for me, [as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

confuzzled no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl, T-mobile, tethered modem

Advertisement

Hey what OS are you guys all running.

.101 tether is broken for me, [as well as reported by many others]

I need a reliable OS in NYC to run that tethers and don't drop calls.

Thanks!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled
    Hey what OS are you guys all running.

.101 tether is broken for me, [as well as reported by many others]

I need a reliable OS in NYC to run that tethers and don't drop calls.

Thanks!
    I'm in Pa, tethered, no dropped calls and on .101.

rmarrash no está en línea Stack level 1

Here is my issue:

1. It looks like RIM installed COM4 and COM5 ports which I can see in device manager
    2. When I got into BB Desktop Manager and choose "connection settings" only COM1 and COM3 show as options (in addition to USB). COM3 is my built in modem. I can not figure out how to actually make BB Desktop Manager see COM4/5 ports to actually select them

Russell

peralta775 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C2A32

For those having problems with tethering by bluetooth on your mac, I reverted back to the T-mobile OS and have found that I no longer have issues connecting anymore.

johann no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there any guides on how to tether through blue tooth? i've got the tether working fine over a usb connection, but when I connect the bb to the laptop using bluetooth, seeing it up and running in the bb device manager, when i dial out i get an error.

I'm a bluetooth newb i guess!

I know the tether works via usb though, cause i'm on it right now.
    cheers

pvphooman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23fbf2a2

This problem might be a tuffy:
    My tethered modem runs fine with around 20k/sec max downloading.

But while downloading using Azureus (a torrent client), the connection seems to freeze.
    If I disconnect, then connect again, there is a long delay at "Verifying Username and Password" phase and it fails to connect (even though there is no username and password required).
    Anyways I get that error until I do a soft reset on my Blackberry.

What could the problem be?

I have:
    T-mobile

Note: When this problem occurs, my Pearl still funcions fine using BB Browser and everything else. Only the tethered modem feature doesn't work on my desktop.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Quote Originally Posted by pvphooman
    This problem might be a tuffy:
    My tethered modem runs fine with around 20k/sec max downloading.

But while downloading using Azureus (a torrent client), the connection seems to freeze.
    If I disconnect, then connect again, there is a long delay at "Verifying Username and Password" phase and it fails to connect (even though there is no username and password required).
    Anyways I get that error until I do a soft reset on my Blackberry.

What could the problem be?

I have:
    T-mobile

Note: When this problem occurs, my Pearl still funcions fine using BB Browser and everything else. Only the tethered modem feature doesn't work on my desktop.
    Wireless devices have high latency, and things like BitTorrent connect to many machines at once to where you could freeze while waiting for the remote systems to reply. The connection isn't actually down in that case which is why it wont connect again, nor will your computer give you a disconnected message. You're pearl still works when this happens because you have 2 ips, one going to the pearl, one going to the computer. The IP going to the computer is waiting for too many replys.

You may have noticed when opening webpages that it will say "waiting for reply" for quite some time but once the page starts downloading it's not that slow. That's due to the whole latency issue, or you can try playing something like Quake III Arena and you'll have an exceedingly high ping, higher than you would with a regular 56k modem.

If you open up a few browsers say, 10 or so and load up different websites at the same time, (different so you connect to multiple locations) you'll end up with the same problem. BitTorrent is just connecting to too many systems at once for such high latency.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

PIN/ID
    23fbf2a2

I see. That makes good sense too. Thank you andrebsd!
    So that leads me to my next question:

How should I configure Azureus (or other similar software), to run at optimal if that's even possible with the tethered modem?

Like should I set the maximum connections between 1-4? max down/up speed?? stuff like that...

Thanks in advance

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Quote Originally Posted by pvphooman
    I see. That makes good sense too. Thank you andrebsd!
    So that leads me to my next question:

How should I configure Azureus (or other similar software), to run at optimal if that's even possible with the tethered modem?

Like should I set the maximum connections between 1-4? max down/up speed?? stuff like that...

Thanks in advance
    http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html If you use that tool, it should be able to give you reasonable settings. I estimated an upload of 24kbps (3KB/s), and it came up with 2KB/s max upload and 63 connections. I'm assuming the tool is for a regular modem/broadband line, I'd probably set Azureus to 2KB/s max and 40-50 connections; which still seems high for EDGE but it may work.

Now personally, I wouldn't use BitTorrent on EDGE as you'd probably either end up with horrible speeds anyway. What I would do, if it's possible, is have a computer somewhere (say at your home or business) that can stay on. Then when your away using EDGE just remote desktop into it, download what you want off BitTorrent, and transfer it to yourself on EDGE. It'll probably be quite a bit faster.

If you really need BitTorrent directly on EVDO then I'd try and find a client that doesn't upload. I'm not sure that exists as the whole point is to share, but if your not uploading you should get decent speed. AFAIK EDGE is Asymmetric, in which it can only have an upload or a download packet. It can't do both at once, so if you use half your upload speed 1KB/s or so, then your download is also being cut in half. Upload at 2KB/s and your download is completely shot.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

PIN/ID
    23fbf2a2

Wow. Thanks for that link and everything. I know others will benifit from your posts.
    I'm going to try it now.
    Peace

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by avelazquez1
    If you still are not able to connect, try changing the dial-up phone number to *99***1# ; go back into your berry and leave the TCP field blank.
    After that you will need to go back to you control panel, phones and modems, click the modems tab, highlight the standard modem, click on properties, click on advanced tab, and enter at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" on the extra initializations commands.
    This is for Tmobile customers only.
    I know this is a little late for this but this step (which is Post #8 in this thread, along with Post #1) allowed me to log onto PinStack just now using my Pearl, with the new 4.2 T-Mo US OS, as a modem.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-16-2007 at 01:33 AM.

h1spanic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24738DE3

My pearl connects but when I open explore only. The home page open I try to go to other site and get a blank screen can some one help
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

i dont understand what is wrong ..iv tried everything that was listed, and i still get the 734 error. i think it has to do with the COM. i read someone said make sure your BB is connected and open to the desktop manager, i plugged it in so i assume its connected it says its connected to my PIN. any other suggestions ?

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Try going in the DM to options> connection settings and under connection change it to com 1. This will say you are disconnected but it may help

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

Quote Originally Posted by smomus
    Try going in the DM to options> connection settings and under connection change it to com 1. This will say you are disconnected but it may help

i tried it, didnt work (both com 1 and com 3)... my standard connetion (when i created a new one) it said COM 6...but like i said i dont see that on my device manager.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast