Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by thestewside Does the tehtered modem only work for laptops or can you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ultraspaz no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl, T-mobile, tethered modem

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by thestewside
    Does the tehtered modem only work for laptops or can you use it on desktops as well???
    Thanx
    Desktops will connect the same way but a laptop lets you take your tethered blackberry anywhere.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Thx, it worked perfectly from initial setup. Great instructions. I'm connected at 115.2Kbps.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it worked! First it didn't but after putting the extra initialization step it did. Wow txs. I wonder if we put a higher max speed would it be faster?

Soapspud no está en línea Stack level 1

Does this use up the minutes in your plan when using the Pearl as a modem? Or is this included if you have the 19.99 plan for the internet on your TMo account??

kband no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an icon on my Pearl that I cannot figure out. it is a phone icon with two left arrows pointing away from the phone. It's weird because since it showed up I can't voice dial. I checked the vd setup and all is the same as before. An help would be appreciated

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

can you get a screen shot?

2spots no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you so much for this info! I was frustrated by the 734 error and it turns out there was a space at the end of the initialization string. I love Pinstack! Thanks for helping!

missjayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E24640

my error is:

Error 87: The Parameter is incorrect

which one is that reffering to?

dyoung62 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E6327A
    It is 56k dial up speed. Very handy on road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by iMacj
    I honestly do not know. I have heard 56K dial up speed and some folks bragging about 2X that when using some of the speed monitoring utilities out there by going to websites that feedback your connection speed once you are connected with the modem feature.

hmarashi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2788

Has anyone been able to set up the tethered modem on a cingular BB? I called cingular, and if you use their connection manager, you have to have a more expensive data plan? Any help is very much appreciated!

retrozion no está en línea Stack level 3

QUESTION Can u tethere (connect) to the internet through bluetooth because i usually use the usb cord? Also sometimes when im on the internet it says i the web page cannot be found because i not conneted, however my network shows that i am connected! Does that happens often?

zomby no está en línea Stack level 1

These instructions are not working for Vista (not that anything works with Vista). Anybody had any success with it or any points of attention?

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

I've tried doing this in the past and it didnt seem to work for me, Im quite sure somewhere along the line I messed up and did something wrong. It's sad but I need someone to walk me through the process step-by-step. I know pitiful....

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

I am now surfing via Pearl!! as I type this I am listening to a streaming BBC radio Scotland program, and visiting websites at the same time!!

THIS ROCKS!!!

I followed the destructions on the TMO website, and have had no problems as of yet, buttonight is the first time I have surfed for longer than a few mins.

while streaming the program, the pages take a little longer to load, but thats no different than the Dial up I used before ( lets just say I've gotten good at spider solitare)

a big tumbs up to TMO for allowing ( and encouraging) this setup, and I wouldnt have even learned about it if it wasnt for PINSTACK!!!!

thanks all

KFP
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

update, still working great, some pages load faster than others, youtube did ok, live365 so so....the music would stop every now and then but over all i could still listen.

and I should mention that I'm running the 1.94 ( rogers) OS which is also kickin @$$

KFP
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast