Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

have u recently pulled your battery? sometimes when i cant' get it to work i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Re: Pearl, T-mobile, tethered modem

Advertisement

have u recently pulled your battery? sometimes when i cant' get it to work i pull the battery and it helps
    SMO ;-)

seandizzle no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anybody run into or heard of a data limit for T-Mobile's Blackberry Unlimited plan? I do some free soccer play-by-play webcasting for a local school, and this connection would work great for a couple remote broadcasts. I only stream at 24kbps, but I guess that can add up pretty quickly over two hours.

Should I be concerned about using it for this? T-Mobile seems like by far the friendliest company when it comes to usage, but I don't know if this would be out of bounds. i could not find a terms agreement on my My T-Mobile site.

My other solution would be using a MyFaves number to dial to a computer connected with Skype that will handle the streaming.

Thanks for the help!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by seandizzle
    Has anybody run into or heard of a data limit for T-Mobile's Blackberry Unlimited plan? I do some free soccer play-by-play webcasting for a local school, and this connection would work great for a couple remote broadcasts. I only stream at 24kbps, but I guess that can add up pretty quickly over two hours.

Should I be concerned about using it for this? T-Mobile seems like by far the friendliest company when it comes to usage, but I don't know if this would be out of bounds. i could not find a terms agreement on my My T-Mobile site.

My other solution would be using a MyFaves number to dial to a computer connected with Skype that will handle the streaming.

Thanks for the help!
    No limits with the unlimited bb internet feature.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Seandizzle: You'll be fine... I'm using T-Mobile with my laptop the entire day using 100mb or so browsing and just downloaded 3.8gigs worth of RedHat Linux over the past few days (DSL isn't working very well), and no calls about anything yet. I'm not even sure they keep track of it, because logging into my.tmobile.com only shows data useage that was directly on the device.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

seandizzle no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help, guys! I really appreciate the quick responses.

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer frog
    i tried it, didnt work (both com 1 and com 3)... my standard connetion (when i created a new one) it said COM 6...but like i said i dont see that on my device manager.
    gixxer - the modem port (COM6) and your connection options in Desktop Manager (COM1, COM3, & USB...) are not related - the port that your modem uses will not show in DM.

What is the message for 734?? I want to say that it might be unmatched protocol, or maybe unmatched authentication...

go to the properties for the connection that you created (that double-click to connect), undering the "networking" tab click "settings", and make sure that "negotiate multi-link for single link" is NOT checked.

under the "security" tab, "Allow unsecured password" should be selected in the dropdown box.

----------------
    ifi all else failes, starting over from scratch is a good last resort.

- unplug your phone...
    - go to the connections window, and delete any modem configurations that you set up...
    - go to Add/Remove programs, and uninstall the Desktop Manager - when it asks if you want to remove user settings, choose yes (click the check box).

- restart your computer (and restart your Pearl while you are at it)...
    - install the latest Desktop Manager app.
    - When the installation is finished, open Desktop Manager, then connect your phone... you should have a progress bar briefly as DM collects information regarding your phone again (part of the settings you uninstalled).

- open the phone & modem control panel, if necessary, use add to add the modem (though I think it should show up on it's own as "standard modem")
    - open the modem properties, and go to the "advanced" tab... enter the following: +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

- go to the all connections window, and create a new connection --- you should know the process: connect to internet > set up connection manually > connect using dialup > check ONLY the modem where you entered the initialization string above > type a name you like > enter *99# for the phone number > no username or password...

that's all I got from here

bacon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Well I used to have it working with 103. I upgraded to 107 and now whenever I try to connect it crashes my windows explorer. I tried to reinstall DM and redo my connection. It still crashes it. After I try to connect again and I get error 633 the modem is already in use or is not configured properly. It should be configured fine cuz it was working before. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

otb52 no está en línea Stack level 1

trying to tether i deleted my standard modem help what do i do now

Quote Originally Posted by otb52
    trying to tether i deleted my standard modem help what do i do now
    You can either uninstall the BB DM and reinstall or you can try to create your own modem. If you would like to do the second: 1) go into the control panel and select phone and modem options 2) select the modem tab 3) select add and make sure that you have the check mark in don't detect my modem i will pick it from a list 4) choose the standard 56000 bps modem. Post back with any issues. Welcome to the stacks.

pitaprod no está en línea Stack level 1

I have read through this forum 3 times and still can't figure out what's wrong with my modem. I messed around and deleted my standard modem and reinstalled a new one at 33600 speed on port 4.
    When I query the modem an error comes up saying the modem failed to respond. Make sure its properly connected and turned on. Verify that the interrupt for the port is properly set.

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pitaprod no está en línea Stack level 1

I got it fixed now! Don't ask me how I did it though. I really don't even remember. Lol

rim81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Iexcluded the step for APN in the blackberry. It appears that you don't really need that info. Have not had trouble connecting to the internet.
    Thanks guys!

CustomDuals no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Pearl, T-mobile, tethered modem - not responding

I keep getting error 718 - remote computer not responding.

I DOUBT this is a T-Mobile issue.

Any suggestions? Mass storage mode off / all seems to be working but the "remote computer taking too long to respond message," comes up no matter what.

CD

Re: Pearl, T-mobile, tethered modem - not responding

Quote Originally Posted by CustomDuals
    I keep getting error 718 - remote computer not responding.

I DOUBT this is a T-Mobile issue.

Any suggestions? Mass storage mode off / all seems to be working but the "remote computer taking too long to respond message," comes up no matter what.

CD
    go into your control panel , phone and modem, highlight the standard modem and select properties, modem tab, uncheck wait for tone before dialing. Try that it should work for ya.

CustomDuals no está en línea Stack level 2

Option is "greyed" out. No luck there!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast