Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Oh yeah, I went from a motorola V3 to this... It was like hitting puberty ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spootinsteve no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl Starting To Piss Me Off

Advertisement

Oh yeah, I went from a motorola V3 to this... It was like hitting puberty all over again! Before that was an E398, which I did throw at a friend, really hard, and I left an imprint of the keypan on his chest... ****er...

I honestly don't think I will have time to do it this afternoon... Perhaps when i get back from the meet, but that's midnight normally...

Either way, I'm kind of determined to fix every problem it has now, I know I could just go buy a new one, but that's just throwing in the towel now isn't it?

2 hours 45 minutes

Meh, there are lemons in everything... Might as well make lemonade

Stewie_23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just was checking to see how things were coming along. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah sorry, I get busy on the weekends, plus it's end of month at work, you should see the bills that have to go out! Good news though, my car hit 178rwkw on the dyno on Saturday! Not bad for a supposedly standard 2.5L Turbo

Anyway, I managed to update the OS on the Pearl, but this didn't fix my main problem with the headphones... But I've fixed that anyway for now due to the help of my trusy paperclip

I always kind of figured it was a simple conductivity problem, which never happen to be simple... Turns out, it was. If you look into the headphone jack hole, you can see a little ring of rubber/plastic... i'm not sure if it was me being rough with expensive toys as I have a habit of doing, or if it has just worn out due to normal use... A new set of headphones MAY have fixed this as well, but I doubt it, as it seems the plugs inside the jack hole have been moved out of position by constant or rough use, and unless you get a slighlty oversized headphone jack, it won't make a difference...

So yeah, with those bits of plastic removed, it now makes for a much better connection, but it's still not perfect... I plan on shaving down the plastic mould on the headphone just a tiny bit to give it a bit more reach

At first I had assumed that the connections on the side for the 3 seperate wires (left, right and the button thingy) had been pushed to the side and pushing the jack deeper wouldn't do a thing, but now that it has, I believe the connection point for the ground wire has been pushed BACK, further into the bb...

Removing the plastic only adds maybe half a mm of distance, but it seems to be enough... for now...

*DISCLAIMER*
    If, unlike me, you care about your expensive phone, I highly suggest you don't do this... If you have a warranty, for gods sake USE IT! This should only be used as an absolute last chance thing. I am in no way a qualified anything, I do dabble in electronics and understand it quite well, but further then that, I can't back up anything I do. I'm just an impatient guy with a paperclip...

Denigris no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi all

There is one undeniable computer truth that you disregard at your own peril: OS upgrades are hazardous to your health. This is true whatever the OS happens to be. I use linux exclusively, and even it isn't immune.don't upgrade unless you have to.if your blackberry is meeting your needs, don't upgrade just to have the latest-greatest.

Stewie_23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Well steve, glad to see you've mingled enough with the headphone jack to get it to work a little better. I have those blackberry headphones on the way as I am typing this and should have them in a few days. I'll have to let you know what I think of them. However, I did place my mono earphone into the jack on my own BB and there seems to be a little bit on an issue if I happen to push the jack from one side to the other. Not wanting to break anything I quickly abandoned the idea of pressing it any further. We'll have to wait and see how things work when the new ones arrive. As for the OS, glad you finally got it to upgrade for you. I'll keep you posted on those headphones though.

kiddj250 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Steve, I've been having the same problem with my headphones. could you go into detail as to how you fixed it. Did you open up the bb to get to mess with the jack?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123