Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am quite the audiophile, I know all about the different jack sizes and types, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spootinsteve no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pearl Starting To Piss Me Off

Advertisement

I am quite the audiophile, I know all about the different jack sizes and types, and have been looking for converters/different headphones, and there are very few in this country, or anywhere at least... It definately isn't that...

There are newly released BB headphones that have the rubber insert that goes into your ear that I have my eye on though

I will do the update later (3 hours 15 minutes, not that I'm counting) and hopefully that's the miracle drug that my phone needs

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Try these headphones, and if you order until Feb. 29th, you can get a free skin for your Pearl using this code HDW16904BLK. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...eargels-2.html

Here's where to go to actually get the headphones and skin (specify what color skin and headphones you want) www.eSHOPlimited.com for your Authentic BlackBerry Accessories

Exactly the ones I was talking about

2 hours, 20 minutes

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Sweet! I should be getting mine soon.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Erica,
    Please let us know what you think of them after you test them out.
    I'm waiting for a solid review before I buy.

YAY!

It didn't work...

It basically isn't coming up as a new OS at all... When in options > About it says I have V4.2.1.101 (Platform 2.3.0.80) And I downloaded the OS below, it just does not see it as a new OS (assuming that I'm not a retard with numbers and it actually is a new OS)

Anyone have any ideas? At the moment my only guess is that I have the latest version on my phone... Though that doesn't explain that .164 at all...

Software For BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.164 (Chinese/English)

Package Version: 4.2.1.164
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.1.101
    • Software Platform: 2.3.0.80
    • File name: 8100C_PBr4.2.1_rel164_PL2.3.0.80_A4.2.1.101_Telstr a.exe
    • File size: 68.17MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

That's because it is not a new OS, it is what you have on the BB.

Download the 8100 OS from this link: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

Uninstall the OS you have installed on the PC and install this one. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml

Then start DM and plug in the BB, THEN it will see it as a new OS.

This is the OS info:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.1.181 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.1.181
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.1.109
    • Software Platform: 2.3.0.85
    • File name: 8100M_PBr4.2.1_rel181_PL2.3.0.85_A4.2.1.109_Rogers _Wireless.exe
    • File size: 73.29MB
    • Software Posted on: January 21st, 2008

drogthe3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry for your bad luck. I kno it might be a pain but if you are having so much trouble with your pearl why not get an actual mp3 for your music needs. The pearl isn't exactly a music based phone so iwouldn't rely on it for music needs, more of like a nice little add on. But if you are commited best of luck.

I never have liked Ipods, everyone has one, I prefer to be different... And I already have a fat wallet and a huge bunch of keys I have to carry around, if I were to add an Ipod to that, I would probably need a purse

Thanks again daddy (sounds kinky), I'll give it a shot when I get home (4 hours 45 mins), if there's time before I have to go out... (5 hours 15 mins)

However, that raises the question as to why is it named .164? It also points out that I am a retard with numbers... My boss would be very upset at this as I am currently employed as a Financial Controller

Well the one I gave you is .181 so it is higher. Don't tell the boss. again, when you get out I will be in bed. It will see the new os this time. Leave an update and I will check in the am.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Stewie_23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Not sure if this was already said or not, but I did an update on my phone a while back and I remember it taking the better part of about an hour to complete. The first thing I was told to do was to completely UNINSTALL my desktop manager for my BB. (Before you uninstall your desktop manager, be sure to find the latest version which is version 4.3 and can be found here: h t t p ://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/req_4dot3.jsp). After you download the new DM, and install on your PC, you'll want to download the new OS to your PC. When you install the newest OS to your PC you will want to choose the Pearl 8100. A helpful hint here: save the new OS to your desktop and install from there, might be a little easier. Using the link that Doughdaddy gave you to DL the OS from will also help. The next thing you are going to want to do after you have installed the new OS to your PC is to find the vendor.xml file. It's found here: Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml (Thanks Daddy for the cut/paste option). Once you have completed this task, plug your phone into your PC and THEN start the new DM. You should be prompted to upgrade. Hopefully with these detailed instructions we can get this new OS on your phone. We also know that the file will say Rodgers, but if you delete the vendor file as instructed, there should be no problems mate. I'll be looking as well to see how things go for you. Good luck!!!

I was kind of worried at first with wether or not an OS from a different carrier would matter, but worse case scenario, I have a backup of my data, and the OS that is currently installed on there... If it's going to take an hour though, I don't have that kind of time til Sunday at best... Might try and sneak out of work early or something...

Also, an update on the headphones thing not connecting, I was fiddling with it before, and it is definately a hardware connection issue... I pushed it really hard to one side and it activated the headphones and played music through them fine, so it's nothing like the headphone amp being broken like I thought...

I don't know if it just isn't connecting at all, not connecting enough (may need a certain amount of time to run a sub-routine to activate it or some crap) or if it is a problem with the headphones themselves... The fact that the left chanell doesn't work (was pretty sure it was cuase of the phone, not the headphones) MAY mean that there is a broken wire somewhere, making it unable to complete the loop, play sound, and possibly activate the headphones...

But all that is unnecessarily intricate, and I don't think BB would add software sub-routines and loop checks... so it's probably just the fact that the headphone jack has now worn down the connecting pins inside the pearl... An easy-ish fix, but that's still based on an IF...

I'm just about ready to throw this phone at a friend for the record...

Also, 3 hours 15 minutes

Updating the OS takes an average of 20 to 30 minutes with a 10 minute white screen during the "initalizing device" part.

Stewie_23 no está en línea Stack level 1

If you have an Otterbox protective case for your phone, throwing it a friend would do more damage to your friend than to your phone and would be fun to see their reaction. Not that I am condoning violence for any reason whatsoever. Throwing the phone might be a good way to release some of that stress pullin on ya too. I wasn't sure if I was going to like my pearl either, but hands down it's the best damn phone I've ever had. Kind of have to give into the old saying, "Once you go Blackberry, you never go back."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast