So I've cut some mp3's and have them set as ring tones, but now im ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Deviantmissy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ED8C94

Smile Pearl Speaker

Advertisement

So I've cut some mp3's and have them set as ring tones, but now im finding they sound very muffled. Is it just a bad speaker, or something I need to do to the file? I'm useing wavebad to cut them. Any suggestions?

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl Speaker

Take the battery cover off and play the mp3s. If that solves the problem search this forum on how to drill holes in your battery cover OR an alternative would be to purchase a new battery cover that has holes already in it (I think Seido sells them).

Bill

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

What everyones pretty much doing is drilling holes in the back cover it improves the sound alot and makes the ringer alot louder, if you dont like the way it looks just buy another back cover and you good

Deviantmissy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ED8C94

Ya, think i rather find a cover with holes in it rather than drilling. Also noticed my mute bottioun is slightly pushed in. works fine, just dont think its supposed to be like that. I only got it Sunday, so I can exchange it. Just dont know if its even worth transfering all my data, downloading everything again, and getting a new pin.

NinjanickC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2903

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ heh heh heh I just bought a dremel tool, so now I can make my safety pin masacare a little more sleek.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

The only other option is the seido extended battery cover and adds thickness i heard sedios making a cover but no word when its gonna come out

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3

it came out

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Seidio just released the standard battery cover for the T-Mobile 8100 about a week ago, they said that they were working on the covers for the Cingular Pearl and the white one.

Deviantmissy, I'm pretty sure that the mute button is supposed to be like that (mine is the same way,) in order to prevent it being pressed accidentally.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StacyR no está en línea Stack level 2

lil ot, but i just bought this today and it seems like a good deal according to the "deal ppl"... $13.49 shipped (if you have Amazon Prime, or else find some other stuff to bring ya to $25 for free shipping for all) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EY5DYU/...m&linkCode=as1

I already have a Seidio back but thought this might help someone else who wouldnt ordinarily otherwise think of buying a dremel type thingy for just this...

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

my answer:

two holes, 30seconds worth of drillage.

I eventually might get around to buying that new slim extended battery with backcover combo deal, but for now this serves it purpose fine.

azn_skillet no está en línea Stack level 3

this site is great ive been phoneing rogers about this issue and all they said is i dunno
    imma try to drill those holes

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Deviantmissy
    So I've cut some mp3's and have them set as ring tones, but now im finding they sound very muffled. Is it just a bad speaker, or something I need to do to the file? I'm useing wavebad to cut them. Any suggestions?
    It could just be the volume of the mp3. You could try a program called Mp3Gain to make the volume a bit higher. That's the one I use. It makes them loud enough to rattle the battery cover. If you can't find it one the net just PIN me and I can email it to you. Good Luck!