Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can it really be true that T-Mobile is the only Cell Service out there that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ragdollz no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Pearl Service Carriers?

Advertisement

Can it really be true that T-Mobile is the only Cell Service out there that supports the new BB Pearl. Hopefully someone will tell me that Nextel/Sprint or Verizon supports this devise. Funny, I live in Orange County CA about a mile from the ocean, and we have no T-Mobile service here at my home. Would very much love to purchase the Pearl
    but if I can't use it with normal Cellular companies what is the point!!
    Help please!!

325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pearl Service Carriers?

bump

i agree - i realize the economics with the gsm vs cdma and such but still - it stinks for many of us who can't afford to switch to a company that doesn't have good service in our area but still not be able to get the cool new phones like the pearl!!!!

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdollz
    Can it really be true that T-Mobile is the only Cell Service out there that supports the new BB Pearl. Hopefully someone will tell me that Nextel/Sprint or Verizon supports this devise. Funny, I live in Orange County CA about a mile from the ocean, and we have no T-Mobile service here at my home. Would very much love to purchase the Pearl
    but if I can't use it with normal Cellular companies what is the point!!
    Help please!!
    First off - T-Mobile is a "normal" carrier too. What, you the type that says the Brits drive on the "wrong side of the road?"

In any event, yes, for now T-Mo is the exclusive carrier for the Pearl. Other carriers will get it in a few months. I think Cingular in next in line, in about 90 days. But see threads in here that discuss who gets it when.

This is a common technique among carriers, one or the other getting the hottest phone for a few months, usually from three to six months. Carriers compete for the rights so that they can get new subscribers.

I remember when the RAZR came out, I think only Cingular or some other carrier had the exclusive for about three to five months. People were mad as hell who were with other carriers and they could not get the RAZR right away.

So you gotta wait.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-02-2006 at 01:31 AM.

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76

Right mow the only provider in the US that sells the Pearl is in fact T-Mobile. You can always get it unlocked and use it with another GSM carrier like Cingular. Do you not consider T-Mobile a normal provider? T-Mobile has the cheapest BB plan of any other provider. Just because they don't have coverage where you live right now doesn't mean that they don't plan to offer coverage there soon. Alot of people here would consider T-Mobile to be more than a normal carrier.

Actually Cingular had an exclusive for a year. T-Mobile only has exclusives for 90 days and then Cingular is slated to release it in November. It's very fair that T-Mobile got the exclusive to the smallest, thinnest BlackBerry as T-Mobile tends to sell more of them for the simple fact that they have the cheapst BB plans.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Welcome to Pinstack Ragdollz , Yes the Pearl will be available thru other carriers eventually but like the post below states, you gotta wait your turn unless you want to jump to another carrier. But as you stated you dont get T Mobile well in your area, sooooo looks like this could end up being a patience test for you... lol Not sure if or when Verizon will carry this phone, but one can always hope... lol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually TMO always gets the exclusive on BB they only reason they didnt do the 8700 is because of how many issues the first models had they passed it and let cing have it.. tmobile maybe the smallest BIG company but they have more BB users than all the others
    Welcome to my World!

Ragdollz no está en línea Stack level 1

I'd be very interested to know about the unlocking of the BB Pearl to use with another carrier at least until T-Mobile can expand the service area to Southern California. Gee,
    we are only 1 hour from LA and 1 hour from San Diego, I guess I took it for granted being halfway in between two major Markets that T-Mobile could have coverage here.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Sprint is barely having the 87xx.. so I don't know when their having the pearl.. I'm assuming sometime next year.

jaywill86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204957DC

Cingular is supposed to be releasing the Pearl sometime in November. I went to a bb/cingular training course last wednesday to discuss bb in general, however they were kind enough to give us the release month.

Ps thats how i ended up with my 7130c . BB was also very generous to give it to all 16 of us Sales Reps that attended the training.

mlstaunton no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B6A34

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Personally I'd like to thank the folks at TMO and RIM for this exclusive release. I was a Cingular customer and made the switch for the Pearl. I could not be happier with the service/coverage not to mention the 50 bucks reduction in month fees for the same plan. Also I get teather my laptop with no extra fees.

If you've got a choice of carriers give TMO a thought - I once too considered it a second rate provider. Not anymore or atleast not yet.

mlstaunton no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B6A34
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Personally I'd like to thank the folks at TMO and RIM for this exclusive release. I was a Cingular customer and made the switch for the Pearl. I could not be happier with the service/coverage not to mention the 50 bucks reduction in month fees for the same plan. Also I get teather my laptop with no extra fees.

If you've got a choice of carriers give TMO a thought - I once too considered it a second rate provider. Not anymore or atleast not yet.

325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3

its a hit or miss thing - some people have switched to tmo and have loved it - as i have told several on this site i switched to try out the pearl and the tmo service where i am doesn't even come close to verizon

midnkight no está en línea Stack level 2

I am sorry but i have had t-mobile for 3 years. and i USED TO LIVE IN ORANGE COUNTY. there is service in orange county only in certain areas such as mountain area/newport have i ever had service connection problem. and it is not only just t-mobile, most phone it is a hit and miss in certain areas.

i was looking at other plans, and t-mobile is the cheapest. bleh i cant get back my 29.99 data plan for my windows base phone no more it now 49.99 if i switch back. oh well. i guess i am either stuck with a BB or PDA phone at all.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdollz
    I'd be very interested to know about the unlocking of the BB Pearl to use with another carrier at least until T-Mobile can expand the service area to Southern California. Gee,
    we are only 1 hour from LA and 1 hour from San Diego, I guess I took it for granted being halfway in between two major Markets that T-Mobile could have coverage here.
    Ragdollz,
    Somewhere in the last couple of weeks someone posted that they were using an unlocked Pearl on Cingular/Other than TMO and they were loving it...got it all up and working with no issues. I know a few years back if you bought an unlocked phone, the functionality might be lacking, but now, I think there are little/no issues and if you do have problems, you have forums like this that help you out!

-cherri

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mlstaunton, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast