Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody have experience yet with BBrepairshop.com repairing a scratched screen? My Pearl needs a new ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Pearl Scratched Screen

Advertisement

Anybody have experience yet with BBrepairshop.com repairing a scratched screen? My Pearl needs a new screen and I want opinions before I shell out the money for it (I have a backup 7100t I can use while my Pearl is being repaired). By the way, take a look at this page and let me know if it would better to replace just the LCD or just the lens (not sure what the difference is LOL)? Thanks.

http://www.bbrepairshop.com/repair-8100.html First pic is LCD replacement option ($150 ). Second one is the actual screen replacement option ($60).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-11-2007 at 04:47 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Pearl Scratched Screen

Erica is it just he outside casing that is scratched? That would be the lense.

If it is you just need to replace the $60 lense version...the other one is the actual LCD screen.

I have no experience with them so I'm not help on that matter. Hope everything turns out well.

Good Luck

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it seems like if it were just a scratch the lens would be your best bet..your lcd is under the lense so there is no sense in replacing that

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Erica, is it a real bad scratch ?

I remember a thread about this from a few months back, apple sauce was one idea, although I cannot see this working very well. EDIT It seems applesauce is a product for for removing scratches from I pods, DOH !!

http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

The other suggestion was a product for removing scratches from vehicle head light lenses which looks like it may work. Worth a try maybe before you spend 60 bucks on a new one.

http://www.noscratch.com/novus/index.shtml
    Last edited by gazar; 08-11-2007 at 11:52 AM.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

I have used "brasso" metal polish and also toothpaste (the actual paste, not the semi-transparent "gel" types) to get scratches out of my MP3 player and cd's and similar plastics. I'd give those a shot beofre shelling out $60. hope this helps..
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

hsxagent no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by synik103
    I have used "brasso" metal polish and also toothpaste (the actual paste, not the semi-transparent "gel" types) to get scratches out of my MP3 player and cd's and similar plastics. I'd give those a shot beofre shelling out $60. hope this helps..
    Did the brasso work well?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Depending on how deep the scratch is i heard ash works fairly well.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by hsxagent
    Did the brasso work well?

brasso works great. I use a couple drops on an old t-shirt rag or a real soft paper towel, works AMAZINGLY well. it takes out a lot of the superfine scratches that make screens look blurry. there is a you tube vid of a kid fixing a cd with brasso. thats where i got the idea.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

dsmit26 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have restored hazy and scratched tail light lens on cars with plain old tooth paste as Synic103 mentioned above. Spent a whole evening doing it, but they looked brand new.

tj2311111 Guest

I dont understand how people scratch the Pearls screen. The thing seems impossible to scratch. I use mine all the time with the screen exposed. Its been through alot. Not one hint of a scratch. I guess Ive been lucky.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

make the mistake of dropping your bb in the same pocket as your keys and you'll think differently.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thats precisely why mine only goes into my pearl pouch, case, or soft lined and empty pocket!

PIN/ID
    OICU812

<<< not so smart

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    Erica, is it a real bad scratch ?
    It's from the side of the black faceplate where the USB port is all the way to the 2nd B in the word "BlackBerry."

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Erica is it just he outside casing that is scratched? That would be the lense.

If it is you just need to replace the $60 lense version...the other one is the actual LCD screen.

I have no experience with them so I'm not help on that matter. Hope everything turns out well.

Good Luck
    Read my reply directly above this one.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-12-2007 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

ouch... it may take some doing, but im sure you can make it better than it is...

maybe you could take before's and afters of trying a few of the ideas here and let us know what you find??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast