I have had a bunch of issues thanks for TMo Tech Support. Last night I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Blznsun no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl running super slow motion.....

Advertisement

I have had a bunch of issues thanks for TMo Tech Support. Last night I was so proud that I finally fixed my Pearl and had it running normally.

This morning I went to send a text message and there is a major delay in what I am pressing and when it comes up on the screen. It is not making me happy. I went and cleaned out the cache, cookies, etc. I restarted it and it still seems to be doing the same thing.

Any advice? Please???
    Thank you in advance!

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    How much free memory do you have? Any apps you installed recently?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

64356352 bytes available, 34452632 bytes free is what it is showing and I think I fixed it. I deleted an IM program that I would never use.

It seems to be draining my battery heavily too. I can use my phone all day long and still be above 50% and today I am already below 35% and it is only lunchtime!

Maybe it will last the rest of the day. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Hmm. That is very weird then. Anything running in the background?

I don't know how to answer that question unfortunetly.

I reloaded the new OS for the 8100 last night because the tech support person messed up the install the end of last week as far as I can tell. I just deleted that IM program that comes on the phone because I don't use it and it seems to be ok but I don't know why the battery is so drained other than when it was lagging maybe it took a lot more to run it.

If you can tell me how to check for something running in the background, I will be happy to. I appreciate any help.

B-

PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Hit alt and the escape button, should bring up a list of programs. Internet, messages, home screen, bbm, and phone should be there. Anything else?

Umm. I don't see those keys.....if they are shown on the phone as something else please let me know. I know the full keyboard models have them but I am not familair with which keys those would be on the Pearl.

Thank you for your patience and help, believe me I appreciate it.

llama-king no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem. I fixed mine by clearing the event log, hold Alt and type lglg and a menu will open with a much of stuff, click options then there will be a clear log tab, hope that helps

Ok, I did that (for all others that might read this and don't know which one the ALT key is since it isn't labeled.....it is the black and white up and down arrow on the far left bottom corner). I have cleared everything. It honestly appeared to be running fine after I uninstalled the IM program that was on the phone to free up some space. Maybe now it will run even better.

Thanks to all of you!