Hello, There's a new review of the 8100 Pearl at this well respected site: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...100_smartphone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

estuardo4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl review at The Gadgeteer site. Help needed.

Advertisement

Hello,

There's a new review of the 8100 Pearl at this well respected site:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...100_smartphone

Julie have some cons on the Pearl that i believe a lot of people here can help on solving, as i believe all are easily solvable.

As The Gadgeteer is a very well known site on the Internet, it would be great if you can help her to correct her review to add the solutions you may have.

Thank you.

GB
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-10-2007 at 07:56 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Pearl review at The Gadgeteer site. Help needed.

two things i find interesting - but of course, to each his own...

i *personally* don't find the monthly data plan charge 'expensive'...but i guess some might. in a time where we are paying huge amounts for various monthly fees and my bb is one i don't mind

i also think that, based on using a wm device (cingular 8125) i think bb's email client is ROBUST (i really dislike that word...)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

LOL! I saw this review. I guess she holds a really high standard. As for the Average user the pearl is great. As for a business user I still think it's great. She points out a few cons, but none that would not make me buy another pearl.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

i think she's just expecting too much from the phone. yes it's a blackberry, but it can't do EVERYTHING. for the size and the price you really can't beat it.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I agree Cherri. We spend money on lots of things we don't need. My Pearl is one I think is worth every penny of enjoyment.

estuardo4 no está en línea Stack level 2

She has high standards for sure. If you read her page you will find that she has bought several smatphones in the past year, but she always returns to her Treo 680 with Palm software.

I personally changed from my Treo 650 because I was tired of carrying that heavy phone. Now I know that my Pearl can't do many things the Treo can, but I found the Pearl to be the best size/features/benefits smartphone in the market today.

GB

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by estuardo4
    She has high standards for sure. If you read her page you will find that she has bought several smatphones in the past year, but she always returns to her Treo 680 with Palm software.

I personally changed from my Treo 650 because I was tired of carrying that heavy phone. Now I know that my Pearl can't do many things the Treo can, but I found the Pearl to be the best size/features/benefits smartphone in the market today.

GB
    Well that's not a fair review is it? If she's a Treo user, she's going to hold everything up to the Treo. Pretty subjective in my eyes. I mean it's like comparing oranges and apples. I have friends with the Motorola Q, Treo, and BB's. Everyone likes what they want to like and what suits them the best. I prefer my Pearl. To each his/her own.

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Well that's not a fair review is it? If she's a Treo user, she's going to hold everything up to the Treo. Pretty subjective in my eyes. I mean it's like comparing oranges and apples. I have friends with the Motorola Q, Treo, and BB's. Everyone likes what they want to like and what suits them the best. I prefer my Pearl. To each his/her own.
    I have a had a Q, blackjack, Treo 650 (for a DAY) SK2's, and SK3's plus tons other phone. IMO the pearl by far is the best phone I have ever had. there isnt one bad thing about it...

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

There is a late reply from her stating she may keep the phone after realizing she can delete several emails at once............
    It sounds to me like she regrets doing that review.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

She totally forgot the tip about using "Delete Prior" from the Messages menu LOL That's the easiest way to delete messages. You CAN use the # key (as mentioned in one reply) and then scroll down with the trackball to select the messages.

You have 2 options for actually DELETING the messages. 1) Click the trackball for the short menu and select "Delete Prior"; or 2) Select the Home key, scroll down to "Delete Prior" from the dropdown menu, and click on it. I have used both methods but for some reason prefer going thru the full menu LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-12-2007 at 03:42 AM.

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

I have read a few of her reviews over the years and it seems as though she always has to come up with a con of some sort. One of the cons she has that I find a bit funny is that when she reviews messenger bags or backpacks, her cons always include "too much velcro".
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler2k
    I have read a few of her reviews over the years and it seems as though she always has to come up with a con of some sort. One of the cons she has that I find a bit funny is that when she reviews messenger bags or backpacks, her cons always include "too much velcro".
    Too much velcro? Geez, she's taken the word 'picky' to a whole new level.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

ok and what is her beef with the browser? it freaking works great! now if you live in the woods or somewhere with little signal of course it isn't going to work great - but i enjoy EDGE on the Pearl, as its faster than EDGE on any other device i've used.

if $35 is too much - why do you even have a PDA/smartphone?