hello i have a couple quick questions. i was just wondering what normal battery life ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

IronMaiden no está en línea Stack level 1

pearl questions

Advertisement

hello i have a couple quick questions. i was just wondering what normal battery life for the pearl is it just seems that i have to charge mine all the time now like i used to get liek 2 and a half days out of it before charging now it seems tat i have to charge it almost everyday i no it goes down when you get calls and stuff but i was just wondering what the normal amount of usage is if u talk on the phone i no that backlight brightness and stuff uses battery life and someone said that the vibrate takes up alot of battery lif but i dont think thats my problem also i read that you should keep the auto backlight put to on well its on anyways and when i go to options and screen/keyboard there is no option for auto backlight. is my phone just ****ed or what? also when u set your phone profiles and it says in holster and out of holster that obviously means in your pocket or out of it right. how does the phone recognize the difference. any help would be appreciated, thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: pearl questions

It all depends on your usage. Do you use the standby Mode? Holding the mute button on top of Pearl?
    Your Automatic Backlight is always on if you don't have an option for it. The only way to get that back is to upgrade your OS.

You may want to check how many applications are running in the background.
    HOLD ALT + Escape(button to the right of the trackball) There are 5 default apps always running.
    Home Screen, Messages, BB Messenger, Phone, and Browser

In Holster and Out of Holster means just that. You need a Holster or case with a sleeper magnet. They is how it tells the difference.

I have a slim extended battery from Seidio, if you're a heavy user you may want to look into that.

Good Luck
    ~red

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Lightbulb Re: pearl questions

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden
    hello i have a couple quick questions. i was just wondering what normal battery life for the pearl is it just seems that i have to charge mine all the time now like i used to get liek 2 and a half days out of it before charging now it seems tat i have to charge it almost everyday i no it goes down when you get calls and stuff but i was just wondering what the normal amount of usage is if u talk on the phone i no that backlight brightness and stuff uses battery life and someone said that the vibrate takes up alot of battery lif but i dont think thats my problem also i read that you should keep the auto backlight put to on well its on anyways and when i go to options and screen/keyboard there is no option for auto backlight. is my phone just ****ed or what? also when u set your phone profiles and it says in holster and out of holster that obviously means in your pocket or out of it right. how does the phone recognize the difference. any help would be appreciated, thanks

Redog is right in all he stated -- I normally leave mine on vibrate all day, any I still get very good battery life out of my baby Pearl. Two tips I can offer, is with respect to media - You should "SET" or "allow" any media players (BB or if you have the Multiplay like I do), make sure that they can play in the background or "hide" them, without having to close them; create a new playlist and put it back in the holster, let the screen go back to "standby" mode and thereby saving battery life.

Also, when you take a picture, or are browsing thru your saved pictures, make sure you always escape, escape, escape and close the camera and or media folders-- i've found that if I take a picture and then send as MMS or e-mail .. and then go back to home screen or whatever (having left the camera on but in the background) the sucker drains my battery life like no other!!! hehehehe

hope that helps

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: pearl questions

Thx to RedDog and mcm180, really useful info
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID