I'm new to the whole blackberry idea! i've never had a data phone... but i'm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kymee068 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down pearl problems!! no browser and not allowing me to open files!

Advertisement

I'm new to the whole blackberry idea! i've never had a data phone... but i'm having a few difficulties. I plugged it into the computer so i could transfer media and as soon as i did, the browser went away and everytime i try to pull up ringtones, help, or any other media files.. it displays an error message saying "unable to display file/device memory/........."

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!! it's brand new only a day and a half old!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: pearl problems!! no browser and not allowing me to open files!

do you have a media card?

welcome to pinstack kymee!

no... should i have one? the guy who sold me my phone said i would be able to store some on my phone, just not a lot...

THANKS!

PIN/ID
    ATA

well you are limited to the size of the file transfer without the card...

first try a battery pull...the bb is kind of like a pc and once it starts to 'malfunction' a reboot/soft reset/battery pull will normally do the trick

take battery out, while phone is still on...leave out 30 seconds, place back in bb and let phone reboot.

kymee...do you have a data plan?

Yes i do have a data plan..
    after rebooting it displays error message saying "Uncaught exception: application registry wait for (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout"

PIN/ID
    ATA

have you set up your account yet?

try this first
    options/advanced options/host routing table
    click menu and choose register now

who is your carrier?

willmckendre no está en línea Stack level 1

I had this same problem with my pearl after performing a "Switch Device" Wizard in the Desktop Mgr software. The problem with this condition is not just the missing Blackberry Browser, but also the loss of the gateway to the internet for applications like Google Maps Mobile.

The following is what I performed for my Cingular 8100 Pearl (Red) to fix the problem:

I can't directly post a link (even though it would be the easiest way to solve your problem), but assuming you have Cingular:

Go to Cingular dot com, click on Support, then select your device (it may already be selected for you). There should be a menu for your device including a Device Setup heading. Click on "Blackberry Software Downloads"

Input your phone type and it will give you a software option to download.

The software is a .exe file that you should download to your desktop, then run. Afterwards, you will connect your blackberry to the computer, open desktop manager, and click on the application loader.

Select/Deselect any applications you want to add/remove (hint: check the "action" column in the Application loader to see what happens when you check/uncheck each box - it isn't always load=checked, leave alone=unchecked, etc.)

Another hint: remove all of the language support you won't use. It takes up a bunch of space that you might want later.

After the application load, the phone will re-boot itself and wrap up installation. From this point on, you should be fine.

Not to worry, none of your old messages or account settings will be changed. All of your original data will remain intact except for programs that you slated for removal in the application loader program (in Desktop Manager).

Hope this helps. If not, feel free to e-mail me or respond again to this post. If you are a T-mobile user, consult their website for a blackberry device software or some other link for your device.

Good luck!

PIN/ID
    ATA

you are suggesting an OS install?
    here is the cingular link...
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

ok.. i am a cingular user and i have the blackberry red as well.. going to try that route out and see how it goes..

i've done the host routing option and it did not work..

thanks for all the help!

YAY!! thank yall!! the new program installed fixed everything!!! now for just figuring out how to use the thing!

willmckendre no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: pearl problems!! no browser and not allowing me to open files!

Glad it worked out for you Kymee!

Thanks for posting that link Cherri!

-Will