my friend has problem with her pearl and she asked me to take a look ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thejonio no está en línea Stack level 1

pearl problems

Advertisement

my friend has problem with her pearl and she asked me to take a look at it. all it shows is white screen. and no error code. shes able to receive calls but nothing else. tried a reset and a battery pull but nothing. has this happened to anyone else? any help would be much appreciated.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: pearl problems

Sounds like you need to re-install your OS, check the forums or do a search for a guide to do so.

good luck

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

This sounds like a known issue called the white screen of death...sorry to make it sound bad, but
    how old is your friend's Pearl?
    It is due to a short circuit behind the lcd screen and the only resolution is to return it if she is within the
    30 day warranty exchange.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

i had the same problem and had to reinstall the OS. Sorry to say

thejonio no está en línea Stack level 1

okay. so what i would i use to wipe the old one? i had it on my comp before for my 7290 but i got rid of it after i got my 8310.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Again, like others said above you can try the OS reinstall, but many have experienced this issue and if the OS reinstall doesn't bring back the Pearl, it sounds like you have the wsod issue and the only resolution is a warranty exchange.
    Nothing else works, I had this on my first Pearl and there are many reports of the same issue occuring.
    We had a couple Stackers attempt to take out the lcd and repair the short circuit, but I wouldn't recommend it as it will void your warranty and is not for the inexperienced to try.

To wipe, use this if you still want to try that route:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 01-25-2008 at 09:30 PM.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

I know I said in my last thread to reinstall OS but after reading lavagirls thread I think that you should follow her advice. If you are able to return your pearl then do so, save the hassle. I think that if your going to start messing around with it, unless you really know what your doing and or are at the stage that your about to bin the pearl then take to earlier route and get a replacement.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

There is a quick way to tell if there is a hardware problem with the display. Download one of the BB Screen capture scripts from the Download section and install it on your PC. I use JL_Cmder

Once installed and from the account used to install it. Connect the BB, open JL_Cmder and use the screen shot option (4). Enter a file name and when it opens in Paint, if you see a normal screen you have display problem. If it shows the same white screen you have a about a 50-50 chance that a Device Software reload will correct it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles