well...ever since i upgraded my pearl to 4.2.0.71 which was for cingular i believe, my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zenecis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EE01CB

Pearl PROBLEM with modem!!

Advertisement

well...ever since i upgraded my pearl to 4.2.0.71 which was for cingular i believe, my peral stop working as a modem for my laptop. I followed all the steps.... but still doesn't work. anybody having this issue? thank you

coldchill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DB3E7C

Re: Pearl PROBLEM with modem!!

i have the issue but with my 8700.. it jsut stopped working with my laptop when i upgraded the s/w .. am working with the BB guys in India to resolve the issue. once i get a solution will post it on.
    -Nick

dakine320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30a4d06e

Re: Pearl PROBLEM with modem!!

heres a simple set up for the BB as a modem

ctrpanel > phone and modem option > rightclick standard modem (if you dont have it reinstall the desktopmanager) > properties > advanced > extra initalization string > at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.cingular"

ctrlpanel > network conections > create newconction > conect to the internet > setup myconection manualy > conect using a dialup modem
    MAKE SURE THE STANDARD MODEM IS THE ONLY ONE CHECKED > isp name cingular > number dialed *99# > un ISP@CINGUALRGPRS.COM pw CINGUALR1 (make sure there in caps) > finish > dial

that should work jsut fine ...o make sure the desktop manager is running the hole time or else you will get error 692 the if you need any help my pin is 23EAD1CA pin me and ill help you out

sorry i konw my spelling sucks

usualy reinstalling the desktop manager will resolve this the issue becasue the DM is the modem the only time its a problem with the BB is when you get and error 736 then you jsut need the ota for the service books resent to you