Hi there I did some work yesterday on my laptop organising my contacts in Outlook. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

isaune no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl Phone Book - Help Please!!!

Advertisement

Hi there

I did some work yesterday on my laptop organising my contacts in Outlook. Adding some, deleting some and editing some.

There are 295 of them altogether.

But since then, when I use the Pearl to dial a number, it seems only to search through about 15 of the contacts - not the other 280!!!!

What i mean is that, from the Pearl homescreen, I used to be able to typ in the first few letters of the contact name and then select the correct number using the trackball.

Now, though, the same thing happens but the Pearl only searches through a kind of "mini" version of my contacts with just 15 random contacts in it!!!

The others are there but I need tos croll manually through all 295 contacts to get to the one I want!!!

Please help

Thanks

Ian

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Pearl Phone Book - Help Please!!!

Hello isaune. Welcome to pinstack. Maybe take the battery out to reboot your BB. I hope that helps, if not a pearl expert should help you shortly.

isaune no está en línea Stack level 2

Thank you VERY much CP!!!!

That worked perfectly.

Ian

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

isaune, Welcome to PinStack.

Remeber that little trick, it should be the first thing you try whenever your BB acts up or slows down. I do it periodically about once a week or more, depending on how the Pearl is acting.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Funny addendum to this story. I have a 2005 Jeep Cherokee. A month or so ago, my keyless entry stopped working. Well I figured when I got home, I'd check my other key fab. Still didnt work. Now I was perplexed. So I figured I'd just call the dealer the next day. So I go to get in my car, and it wont start, or even turn over. So I figured, what the heck, there are tons of computer components, maybe I should do a "battery pull" So I disconnected the battery, waited about 20 minutes, and reconnected. Viola! Worked like a charm. So the morale to the story, DON'T FORGET THE BATTERY PULL =)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Love it Toddboy. Great story.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by isaune
    Hi there

I did some work yesterday on my laptop organising my contacts in Outlook. Adding some, deleting some and editing some.

There are 295 of them altogether.

But since then, when I use the Pearl to dial a number, it seems only to search through about 15 of the contacts - not the other 280!!!!

What i mean is that, from the Pearl homescreen, I used to be able to typ in the first few letters of the contact name and then select the correct number using the trackball.

Now, though, the same thing happens but the Pearl only searches through a kind of "mini" version of my contacts with just 15 random contacts in it!!!

The others are there but I need tos croll manually through all 295 contacts to get to the one I want!!!

Please help

Thanks

Ian
    The battery pull usually solves the issue

Welcome to PinStack