I recently installed the newest Rogers OS (I can't remember what the Pearl had on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Pearl OS acting up. Help!

Advertisement

I recently installed the newest Rogers OS (I can't remember what the Pearl had on it before) and it is giving me some problems. First off, I get the mistyping key issue. Say, when I hit the 5 key twice, instead of giving me one "H" it gives me two "G"s. This happened in the past when I upgraded the OS also. A few months back, actually.

I also downgraded to the newest Tmo OS and I still have the same problems. I can't figure out what's wrong. Also, during set up it asks to copy contacts from the sim to the phone. It goes through and LOOKS like it is (The loading bar and everything) but it never really copies them over.

Anyone have a solution, or recommend a known stable OS?
    Last edited by ssnxp; 02-09-2008 at 07:59 AM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Pearl OS acting up. Help!

The 8100 series (and 7100 series) have two methods of typing - "SureType" and "Multitap".

Certain fields (Password and Phone Numbers) are almost always Multitap regardless of the device's settings.

To set which method you want to use, go to Options --> Localisation (huh? why there? and why misspelled - at least on the ), highlight the Input Language and hit the [Alt] key (bottom key - far left column) to display the list of Input Languages available. You should see two for each language such as "English (United States)" and "English (United States,Multitap)".

You're looking for SureType.

As for the second problem, while you usually can just move a SIM from one device to another, for some reason I've been noticing both t-Mobile and AT&T are starting to get picky about what device registers on the network with what SIM, and regardless, if you've changed devices you need to register the new device's PIN and IMEI numbers at the BIS site (which BTW is all that is invoked by the Personal Email setup icon).

You should be able to re-register the correct device on t-Mobile's BIS site from either your Computer's browser or your BlackBerry browser. It's easier using the BB Browser since you can copy the required IMEI number from the (Options) Status screen and paste it into the field. The PIN should populate automatically, but it can also be copied from the Status screen.

t-Mobile's BIS site is: https://my.t-mobile.com/login/MyTmobileLogin.aspx
    JerryD

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Pearl OS acting up. Help!

Thanks Jdellasala, unfortunately I edited my post right when you posted that. I'm not too concerned about the email and BIS not registering, I went to tmo's site and changed devices and I have data, but my emails aren't coming in and I can't receive service books. I think it is because I still have my OLD email address (I haven't used this pearl for months) registered on the PIN of this pearl, but it isn't really a big deal any more.

I know of both Multitap and Suretype. The problem I'm having is with Multitap, I'm sorry I didn't clarify that before. Sometimes instead of giving me the SECOND letter when I hit the button twice, it gives me TWO of the FIRST letter. All this is in multitap, it is the FIRST setting I change when I reinstalled/wipe my pearl. I can't stand Suretype.

I've had this problem before (the mistyping) when upgrading and in the past I simply downgraded to my old OS. However, everyone else also had the same problem with the OS. This time around, it looks like I am the only one, so I'm willing to try anything.