Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm thinking about trading my pearl in for a sk3!!! Does anybody own one or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

youngva804 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FE30AB

pearl or sidekick 3?????

Advertisement

I'm thinking about trading my pearl in for a sk3!!! Does anybody own one or had one before. Let me know if I'm making a DUMB move by swiching over. All comments are welcomed, good or bad.

memoryu no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: pearl or sidekick3?????

Hey, I have a bb pearl and my gf has a sk3 we both have all the unlimited plans and everything that you can put into either one of them and let me tell you that if you are used to a bb pearl its gonna feel like a downgrade, but that just my opinion while the sk3 is cool in its own deal i love my pearl

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I know with T-Mobile, supposidly the Sidekick Data plan doesn't eat up your IMs as text messages. That's what a rep told me because I was mis-quoted by a TMO "Authorized Dealer" that the BB Data Plan won't use IMs and texts. But when I called customer care to get my data plan they said the dude was full of manuere.

But a plus side on the BB... my sister had the new Sidekick and hated it, I have the pearl and I love it. Nuff said from me.

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5
    I have the pearl and my girlfriend has the sidekick 3. We have had the same phone since January.

We have put our phones side by side and done a few tests.

Internet- the pearl flies around the sk3 when surfing the internet.

Email- take emails longer to reach the sk3 than the pearl.

Battery- pearl lasts 2 hours longer on a full charge with the most daily usage we could possible use (I even used jivetalk for and hour)

Build quality- her sk3 screen keeps cutting out, whiting out, getting distorted to where she has to turn it off 4 to 5 times a day. My pearl has been dropped atleast 20 times and only has scratches and works perfectly.

Bottom like DON'T get the sk3.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

You say your internet flies??? I had tmo for a year but never appreciated their EDGE network. It was really slow

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Then that must mean the SK3 is uber slow!

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've had both and like the pearl better. Its smaller and looks better. If your wanting a sidekick wait for the slide.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have had the sk3 and now have the pearl. Although I miss the full keyboard the pearl feels more like a phone. The sk plan does include unlimited texts. I don't use that many so 400 is enough for me.

youngva804 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FE30AB

Does the sk3 have video. Ohh and my pearl saved me tonight! I have paper due at 930 sharp tommorow and I'm at work, so I typed a whole paper(yes a full paper) on my pearl using my email. I guess that's a sign huh! I wonder can I do the same on the sk3? Thanks for the replies. Keepem coming!!!

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5

Sk3 doesn't have video.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by youngva804
    Let me know if I'm making a DUMB move by swiching over. All comments are welcomed, good or bad.
    I don't have to give you my 2cents. I think you already stated your best choice, stick with what works..... your BB

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Being a pearl user. I would say stick with BB!

geezie no está en línea Stack level 3

i currently have both a pearl (thru at&t) & a diane von furstenberg limited edition sidekick three (the cute lil black one with red kisses all around the screen lol) and the sidekick is a great cost efficient way to keep in touch but function wise , the blackberry is MUCH better . u can customize a blackberry to fit your personality and needs and such where as with a sidekick u cant . i had to pay 450 to get a cool looking sidekick just to stand out . with the pearl , u can mod the theme and font and get free ringtones and put in games and programs that YOU like , not just what the little sidekick catalog allows u to have . the sidekick also sucks cuz that danger network **** is ALWAYS down and its not as reliable as a blackberry . the sidekick is tmobiles money maker tho cuz u HAVE to buy everything for the sidekick thru tMob . i mean , the 29.99 data only plan (or 20 bucks with a voice plan) for the sidekick is hot tho . cuz u get unlimited everything except voice calls . the blackberry data only thru tmob is gonna be expensive but please believe when that curve drops with tmob , i will be trading in my sk3 for it . all in all , the blackberry is a much better device . its not as bulky , its better for modifications , and its a more reliable device . i say GET A PEARL OR A CURVE !!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have both and although I loved the smaller size and SureType of the Pearl, too many device problems ruined it for me (4 total in 8 months, 3 Pearls). My Pearls kept shutting down after OS upgrades, losing my contacts, not backing them up, etc.

I tried to wait for the red Pearl to come out but I just didn't feel like I could hold out long enough.

jen86fur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20f7ac61

id rather use the pearl....coz it has bb messenger, its smaller, you can do more on it than the sidekick 3 its basicly for text messaging and aim in my opinion and its too big for me....plus its soo high school =] ha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast