Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had my Pearl for 6 months and I love it. It functions as both ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gohawks63 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl or IPhone?

Advertisement

I've had my Pearl for 6 months and I love it. It functions as both a work and personal device, but it's attached to our company's BES. I've always admired the IPhone, and even bought an ITouch.

For my birthday my wife wwas all excited and got me the IPhone. While I appreciate the gift, I think I'm going to return it as I'm not sure that the IPhone, while impressive, has matured yet from a business perspective. More specifically linking in with our corporate system.

I don't have any proof of that, judst my gut. I know that I'm posting this on a BB forum, so opinions might be skewed, but was wondering if any one has had any experience with both.

Thanks!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Pearl or IPhone?

We tested about 10 iPhones where I work, and it is completely useless for our corporation. And the keyboard stinks, and the fact that you can't take out the battery or SIM is retarded!

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b

I just returned an iphone I only had it for a day. I've had many pda devices, and comming from an 8703 RIM the iphone is very impressive. I however was having problems with text messages. I could not receive texts. After hours of troubleshooting with tech support no resolution, so I said screw the iphone, went back to verizon and picked up a pearl. I'm loving this thing. Does so much more than an iphone and its so much more compact. Definitly a lot more usfull for bussiness and personal life.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I did not buy an iphone for a few reasons.....cannot afford, and no desire. I did get to "play" with one though. And to me it seemed to be more geared toward media apps, which is fine if that's what your looking for. But I don't need a $500 ipod/camera . I have had MANY PDA's with touchscreen (palm and windows based) bleck... I don't like touchscreen and don't like how the iphone operates. Agree with CWAX on not being able to take out the SIM card and battery..BOO!
    My pearl the PERFECT size for me, and it does absolutely EVERYTHING I could possibly need or want with the stability of an OS that I need (server issue is another thing ) I couldn't ask for anything better....except the UPGRADE
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

the sim card is actually fairly easy to remove

greystealth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319DD34b

The Sim card is very easy to take out. Its just a little pin hole at the top of the phone and then it just pops out. How else do you think people use the device on other networks?

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I wouldn't use the iPhone for business until the make a new OS that targets business. IPhone is the consumers dream.

acaijr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

i am actually using both and the reason is because i unlock the iphones so i needa keep up with the upgrades... the iphone is very nice but the fact that ive got to reunlock and modify it to my likings everytime i upgrade is very tiring and the lack of apps and standard features that a regular phone has is enough to deter anybody after a few months..... the battery life sucks to high heaven..... the only thing the iphone has over the Blackberry is the fact its full html and its touch screen otherwise the BB is hands down the best PDA on the market (IMHO) and im an apple person all the way from computer to ipod ive neva owned a pc........
    PIN:2066C6E8 (NEWEST)
    PIN:2057C6C1 (NEW)
    PIN:2057C87A (OLD)

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

The iPhone has no 3rd party apps...yet. I think that's the biggest reason, it's an amazing phone for entertainment but not practical for business. I have the 8100 and my wife has the iPhone, so I have used both.

acaijr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    The iPhone has no 3rd party apps...yet. I think that's the biggest reason, it's an amazing phone for entertainment but not practical for business. I have the 8100 and my wife has the iPhone, so I have used both.
    U mean no APPLE APPROVED 3rd party apps..... I got 3rd part apps on mines..... (Modified to the gills)
    PIN:2066C6E8 (NEWEST)
    PIN:2057C6C1 (NEW)
    PIN:2057C87A (OLD)

cbobo2009 no está en línea Stack level 2

I know that the company I work for won't allow the iPhone because it's security software doesn't meet our security requirements.

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9

The iphones internet apps suck. Its pretty much just shortcuts to websites. Some people are scared by the berrys appearance but I get more people looking at my pearl than people do at my buddys iphone

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Uphone 2.0 firmware is coming out with the support of third party apps and something called mobileme looks cool but again . I work at apple but need to use a BB for functionality lol

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    After using a few iphones I will say that I am MUCH more at home with my pearl.

Aside from the fact that its insanely insecure, the iphone just doesn't offer enough to "busy people on the go" and corporate customers.

While many people are wow'd by the iphones touch screen and gui, I seen it as nothing more then a consumer tech toy.

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Your right . Its a toy as par business functionality is getting there ( another 6 to 8 months ) and have to agree BB kicks ***

"and not having to worry about cracking my screen lol"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast