This is my first post here , firstly I'd like to say how friendly and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jack no está en línea Stack level 2

Pearl on vodafone

Advertisement

This is my first post here , firstly I'd like to say how friendly and helpful people here seem to be(some forums you visit appear elitist and have no time to help).

Right, I have a pearl from vodafone , the main front screen seems quite drab and it doesn't seem possible to customize it.Not to keen on the alternative themes , would just like to tweek the vodafone one , anyone else on vodafone ?

thanks in advance!

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to Pinstack Jack! That rhymes - should be a poet

I'm on Vodafone with a Pearl too and agree, the theme is a bit drab and could do with a bit of livening up. It's better than the other unlocked operator ones in terms of usefulness... I like the summary of upcoming appointments, messages received etc that you don't seem to get with the Zen theme. No idea, I'm afraid, on how to tweak or whether it's even possible. Guaranteed someone else out there will know!

thanks gar.....one thing I can't seem to do is cut and paste , and why when you get a call and then add the number to address book , does it always default to work no , hence my need to cut and paste a mobile number to the mobile field.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jack, Welcome to PinStack.

To cut and paste, in the Address book, in the edit mode, at the start of the number field, Press the Menu button and select "Select". Then scroll to the end of the number and Press the menu button again. This time select Copy or Cut. Then go to the field where you want to place the number and again press the menu button and select Paste.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

.....thanks very much , its the obvious things , doh!

I shall return.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another way is to put the cursor at the start of what you want to copy/cut and then hold the shift key while scrolling with the pearl